Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9111213

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

1. Grin Overdrive mode for PC version (patch 1.62)

Cyberpunk 2077's Overdrive update has arrived to turn ray-tracing up to 11. Nearly every light source is replaced with a fully path traced light.It looks wonderful, but as expected it's highly taxing on the GPU. CDPR has said the 3090 is the absolute minimum for OD. You need DLSS to keep the framerate playable, and Frame Generation is highly recommended if you have a RTX 40 series.

Even if you're not using the OD ingame, you can make screenshots with it if you've got 8 GB or more VRAM.

I'm running it on a i9-13900K and a RTX 4080. It's working well in 4K Max, with the Performance DLSS and Frame Generation turned on.

Thanks to jayvee for the demo video. "Even the reflections have reflections!"

2. People buying 4070 (released totay) are in for a rude awakening. It’s barely beating a 3070 Ti. I wonder what those requirements mean for this 3090 owner means.

3. I was able to get away with using the Quality DLSS Super Resolution until I turned this on. It brought my FPS below 60 until I turned it down to Performance. A 4090 could probably manage 4K Max/Quality DLSS with OD.

With a 3090, they're saying to expect 1080p30. IINM the 4070 falls a little short of 3090 and has 12 GB VRAM (3090 has 24 GB). 4070 buyers may have to settle for 1600 x 900 @ 30 FPS or possibly forget using OD.

The overdrive is being called a "technology preview". This kind of path-tracing is something that should become more commonplace with later generations (probably by the time Nvidia gets ready to roll out the RTX 50 series).

4. I was able to get 60fps@4K using ultra performance and medium settings. It ran for about 5 minutes, then the software crashed. I updated the drivers after that and will give it a go tomorrow night.

I have a feeling that by the end of the year, I'll have replaced the 3060 Ti with something like an open box 4090, 4080, or maybe even an EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW. I'd slide the 3090 in its place on my desktop 1440p setup and would move the newer GPU to the 4K OLED setup.
    Last edited by gamevet; 13 Apr 2023 at 09:36 PM.

5. This looks amazing. They've been doing a lot to The Witcher 3 too. But aren't they ditching their own engine for Unreal for future games?

6. That they are. Goodbye REDEngine. CDP Red's choice to go with UE5 does have something to do with UE5 being more open-world friendly than the previous versions. So, it makes sense to do this rather than build a REDEngine 5. I can see this resulting in a smoother launch for the next Cyberpunk, and also Witcher.

On Nexus, there's E3roKK's Raytracing Overdrive Optimizations mod that could help if OD tanks your FPS. It reduces your ray bounces to 1 instead of 2.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/8059