Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2021 -OVERTURE-

1. 3) Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)
    8,089,065 Karma/Normal difficulty

Dahbilaro rules, especially for its Ultimate Technique range. One feature I don't care for is the gimmicky Sixaxis shaking to power up the Ninpo. I'm hopeful that Team Ninja will rework that in the NG Master Collection, since it's also coming to X1.
    NGS's last boss isn't really that hard... I shut him down on the first try. That platforming section before him was more of a challenge, actually.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    3) Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)
    8,089,065 Karma/Normal difficulty

Dahbilaro rules, especially for its Ultimate Technique range. One feature I don't care for is the gimmicky Sixaxis shaking to power up the Ninpo. I'm hopeful that Team Ninja will rework that in the NG Master Collection, since it's also coming to X1.
    NGS's last boss isn't really that hard... I shut him down on the first try. That platforming section before him was more of a challenge, actually.
    I loved Black. Back in the day I even got top 20 in the leader boards. I'm okay with 2. Never played any of the PlayStation versions (but I do own them). Is this really worth playing over Black?

3. I quit playing Sigma, when I couldn’t figure it out it how to get out of a maze, after beating the boss. That stupid game design to me. I didn’t get Sigma to solve puzzles, which kill all of the momentum.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Nei View Post
    I loved Black. Back in the day I even got top 20 in the leader boards. I'm okay with 2. Never played any of the PlayStation versions (but I do own them). Is this really worth playing over Black?
    But I think that maze still exists on the original and Black. Is it the one with the ghost fish?

5. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    I did some type of item lock bullshit in Code Veronica and ruined my game near the end. I think that was the last RE I played.

Don't do that.
    I think I already did it. I didn't know that you could leave shit in the item crates that Chris could use later, like weapons and shit. I'm playing as Chris now and I just realized that I could have left him the grenade launcher and/or arrow launcher and it's bullshit that Capcom didn't tell me that was a thing. Fuck.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nei View Post
    Sigma adds three extra missions with Black's NPC Rachel to the story mode, making it 19 chapters total. You can also shoot arrows while jumping and get the dual swords Dragon Claw & Tiger Fang. A few levels are modified, and there are some extra save points and shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Nei
    But I think that maze still exists on the original and Black. Is it the one with the ghost fish?
    The Labyrinth of Zarkhan. There's a hall in it where you can grind essence out of the ghost fish. Kill them all with the flail, head to the griffin door, then back up to that spot and repeat.

7. Yeah, I'm paying for not leaving Chris the grenade launcher or arrow launcher in RECVX. But I have the shotgun now and I know there's a magnum coming up, so I think I'll be okay. Plus I know I end up controlling Claire again later (and Chris after that) so hopefully I'll have the opportunity to leave Chris the better weapons again at some point.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. 4) Doom Eternal (PC)
    Finished on Ultra-Violence. Completed the Codex and got all 12 Sentinel crystals, the Unmaykr, and the full set of suit upgrades. Now there are just a few toys and albums left to find, and a couple secret encounters and weapon masteries to be done for a 100%. The Super Shotgun's meathook is a great addition, especially once you've mastered it and it sets enemies on fire to help you get some armor. I love the disarmament techniques on certain enemies, such as blowing off a Revenant's missile launchers or an Arachnotron's turret. The Plasma Rifle Microwave Beam is one of my favorite weapons for heavier demons. Hold an enemy still with it, throw two frags at him, and keep the beam going until the frags blow. Expensive on the plasma ammo, but worth it.

9. 5) Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS4)
    Cleared it on Path of the Warrior. Actually, it went down a little easier than NGS1. The Lunar Staff, Eclipse Scythe, and Enma's Fang (a good stand-in for the Dabilahro, with a similar Ultimate Technique) were my go-to weapons a lot of the time. Once you get the Izuna Drop wired, you'll love it. Do the first two hits to launch, then 2-3 light slashes in air and finish with a heavy... and it pretty much murders smaller enemies. I miss the Tests of Valor that are in the Xbox 360 original NG2. Like the PS3 version the gore is toned down, but it's 60 FPS instead of 30.

10. 6) Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360 on Xbox One X)
    Once again, Path of the Warrior difficulty. Total karma score was 23M with 22 crystal skulls found. NG II is slightly more challenging than NG Sigma 2, and better in several ways. Playing on X1X, you don't have that slowdown or the framedrops that you'd see on 360. No Enma's Fang in this one... oh well. My go-to weapons were the Lunar Staff and Kusari-gama. KG is good in a couple areas with the jumping fish, where you can keep spamming Ultimate Techniques (that 5000 each time adds up). I had gotten about 4M on Chapter 9.

What's better than NG2S? More blood and dismemberment, and more enemies. The stairway battle in Chapter 10 has considerably more enemies, all waiting for you to cut them down like weeds. Go crazy with the Lunar Staff, or maybe the Kusari-gama. Also, more crystal skulls picked up raises the Karma score multiplier, unlike NG2S.