Thread: New Super Lucky's Tale. (Nintendo Switch)

1. Treasure New Super Lucky's Tale. (Nintendo Switch)

So yeah this game came out not too long ago but I had passed it over for some reason or another. I finally saw it at the store on the shelf and decided to give it a chance. Suffice to say I was very surprised at the quality of this game. It's a plat-former with a lot of unique ways to play with an amazingly well done soundtrack. I figured originally I just give this a sit down and go thru the motions but I found myself playing this a lot more then I expected to.

The story itself is super kiddish but that only really masked a game that obviously had a ton of thought and concern put into playing it.

There's a free demo of the 1st level on the Nintendo eshop if you're curious but I figured I'd share this with you guys seeing as it's rare for me to get sucked into something new IP wise.

This music in this game kinda blew me away. I was like wow someone really gave a shit about the music in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG4U7efeFSc

Example of a randomly good piece.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 24 Mar 2021 at 03:09 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. I've seen the PC version selling for $10 at Walmart, but kind of passed on it. It looks like a pretty good Mario clone though.

I just got around to checking out those memory cards at Best Buy you were talking about. Those are much cooler than I'd thought they'd be, but man, they want too much for that 64GB Zelda SD card. I might go ahead and pickup that 128 GB Mario SD.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64GB.png 
Views:	493 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	81927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	128GB.png 
Views:	520 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	81928  

3. This is a great game on anything you play it on.

4. I quite liked the first one. This one is also good but hasn't grabbed me in quite the same way, maybe due to lack of VR support.

5. Intriguing. It looks like a cross between Vexx and Crash Bandicoot.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    This is a great game on anything you play it on.
    Agreed. I was surprised by the game's lukewarm critical reception. It felt like Ryan McCaffrey didn't even give it a chance in his IGN review. Apparently, it wasn't Mario Oddysey, so it was automatically trash.

7. This is a great game, it's pretty cool and attractive, nice visuals.

Papa's freezeria
    Last edited by Nick; 16 Aug 2023 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Spam link removed.

8. It’s free on GamePass. I played a little bit of on PC and it’s quite fun. It’s a great knock off of a Mario game.