Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Village

1. Resident Evil Village

This looks pretty cool. I just pre-ordered this for PC.

2. I have never finished 6 or 7, I need to go back and play those first. I know 6 is garbage but just for completeness sake I want to play it. Remake of 2 is amazing and I want to play 3 remake as well.

3. I skipped 6, after completing that dumpster fire of an ending for RE5. I’m looking forward to this, because it looks like it’s predating modern Umbrella Corp. Their story has been beaten to death.

4. I don't even remember much of 5. I didn't enjoy it since it was really meant to be a co-op game and playing solo is dumb. I lump all the RE stores/lore together (at least those with Umbrella as the bad guy), so the they are all pretty weak imo.

5. Kinda curious how this is going to look on vanilla PS4. I've seen footage of the demo on PC and it looks astonishing. My best option for playing this currently is PS4 but I'm wondering if I should wait until I upgrade my PC or pick up a PS5 so I don't dick myself out of the best possible experience.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 05 May 2021 at 10:19 PM.

6. You can forget about upgrading your PC right now, unless you get one that's already built. Crypto miners are hording all of the GPUs and most don't even make it onto shelves because of bots buying them in bulk.

I'm just glad that I dropped $600 on an open box 2080 Super last June, because I'd still be rockin' the old GTX 1080 if I hadn't.

Last edited by gamevet; 05 May 2021 at 11:21 PM.

7. Comparison between the PS4 & PS5 versions...I know the quality of a YouTube video doesn't tell the whole story, but otherwise they look really, really close.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Digital Foundry did a breakdown of the game running on Series X, Series S and PS5. Series S ran the game @1440p, with a max fps of 45, dipping into the 30s. PS5 and Series X did 4K (checkerboard) at 60 fps. It’ll probably run 1080p/30 on the base PS4, with some slowdown.

You can play the demo until May 9th, when they cut it off, though I’m not sure if that is available on the PS4.

9. Can't wait for the gold/complete version next year

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Digital Foundry did a breakdown of the game running on Series X, Series S and PS5. Series S ran the game @1440p, with a max fps of 45, dipping into the 30s. PS5 and Series X did 4K (checkerboard) at 60 fps. It’ll probably run 1080p/30 on the base PS4, with some slowdown.

You can play the demo until May 9th, when they cut it off, though I’m not sure if that is available on the PS4.
    I just read that article. Base PS4 (which is what I have) runs at 900p at an unlocked frame rate that can reach 60, but dips into the 40s and even low-30s at times. Very impressive for last-gen, all things considered.

However, I've seen footage of the PC version at max settings, and holy shit is it astonishingly beautiful.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww