Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E3 2021

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Looks like (I'm learning these names right now) Jansen really rubbed off on Patti then, because when I first saw the trailer I was like "this has to be the Limbo/Inside guys" and then I had to google the developer when it wasn't Playdead.

That FEELS like the third game in the "series".
    Definitely. The influence is clear. It looks good, I'm just saying.

2. Been pumped for Psychonauts 2 since backing it all those years ago. I just really like Double Fine's culture (or at least what they portray of it) so I've been cool with them taking their sweet time with it.

Quite a big list from Microsoft and certainly some stuff there I'll have to remember to check out. They certainly seem to be doing the most to make their subscription service the most compelling one (although I've only ever used it during brief cheap trial periods) ... and kind of cool that I don't need an Xbox, I can use my PC for most of this stuff.

2D Metroid sounds good in my book. Do I wish it was pixel art and not 3D graphics? Yes, but...

New Wario Ware is cool. I'm surprised it took this long.

Guess all those Switch Pro rumors are probably gonna be put off 'til 2022 when BOTW2 is set.

3. I mean you can't find a PS5 or Series X to save your life, can't imagine a Switch Pro is anywhere near ready to be made in volume to meet demand. Nintendo has had enough bad press supply wise with Amiibos and the NES/SNES classic, they've probably learned their lesson to not release stuff too early.

4. This E3 has been great for me, personally. Battlefield 2042, Metroid Dread(finally), Advance Wars and the Gamepass onslaught has me pretty happy with what's happening this year.

I really never thought that NEW! Switch hardware made sense this year with the silicon shortage as Opaque stated above. Its hard to find Switches already without the asssured bot onslaught that will happen when it does release.

There's lots of smaller games that look incredible that really fills the void too. Gaming is in a weird and wonderful place.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Toupee View Post

Quite a big list from Microsoft and certainly some stuff there I'll have to remember to check out. They certainly seem to be doing the most to make their subscription service the most compelling one (although I've only ever used it during brief cheap trial periods) ... and kind of cool that I don't need an Xbox, I can use my PC for most of this stuff.
    I bought 3 sets of Gamepass Ultimate, when they were on sale for under $25 for 3 month memberships. I'm set until September, but I may drop the EA part and just go for regular Game Pass, once my subscription expires. The only EA stuff I'm interested in is the Star Wars games and maybe Need for Speed Heat.
    Last edited by gamevet; 15 Jun 2021 at 11:52 PM.

6. I was really hoping for Prime 4 news but Metroid 5 was such a pleasant surprise!! I'm really excited for SMT V, Metroid Dread, and the new Wario Ware. I'm also kind of interested in BotW 2 but I didn't like botw v much so I'm kinda cautiously optimistic.
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!