Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biomutant (PC, PS4, One)

Biomutant (PC, PS4, One)

THQNordic expects this to be big enough to warrant a CE:

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. It's not furries if no one has abdominal muscles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. My pre-order from 4 years ago (Amazon used to do 20% off and you didn't pay until the game shipped no reason not to) is finally coming, and I'm excited.

Anyone playing this thing? Or posting on this board still?
    Last edited by Opaque; 27 May 2021 at 10:04 AM.

4. I haven't heard of this game until now and I'm curious to see how it is. Currently the XSX version runs circles around the PS5.

5. Sounds like that's the big thing between the XSX and PS5 right now, the XSX seems to be the place to play last gen multi-platform games, not sure if it's just automatically doing a better job applying new hardware to backwards compatibility or if MS is pushing it more, but seems to be a constant across the board.

6. The big wave of BC upgrades for the Series that are coming out now is from MS's FPS Boost program. This goes beyond their standard BC software, work is being put into each game to uncork the frame rates. If a game didn't get a One X upgrade, the code that's running is for the original One hardware. A lot of those games have resolution and framerate caps which limit the ceiling of how high the Series can go (it can't brute force to 60 fps, for example). So it takes some elbow grease to get through those software bottlenecks.

7. The start to this game is so fucking boring, and so poorly managed, I might just give up. I've turned it off twice in the first hour because it's just a loop of:

Open Door
    Dude narrates
    Open another door
    Dude narrates
    Open another door
    Dude narrates
    Creature talks but not in real words
    Dude narrates what they said

Over and over. Then you have constant pop up and interruptions as you barely start to explore the world where the camera swings to show something and the narrator talks about yet another thing again and again. Even when you just want to have a conversation with someone, the way it always shows them talking, before the narrator explains to you what they said, is going to be really hard to tolerate.

EDIT: https://www.pcgamer.com/biomutants-p...be-turned-off/

Turns out I'm not nearly the only person that found him horribly fucking annoying, guess I should turn him off and see if that makes it better.
    Last edited by Opaque; 04 Jun 2021 at 12:13 PM.

8. It's a shame. I was really looking forward to this. After hearing about the narrator (no thank you) and how it can't seem to escape using the trendy open world/rpg format as an enormous crutch, as well as starting off with a string of condescending-yet-diagetic-and-unskippable tutorials (the worst) I've completely lost interest.

You know it's bad when even Conan knows it's bad:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JndG6WAtkx0

9. Once this patch is in console I try again and report back. Game feels a little floaty and "too much" in regards to early decision making instead if creating a fuj gameplay foundation, but I don't want to blow it off just yet.

10. This game is really, really unpolished.

There's a flash back very early on, showing your character as a child and the village is burned down. There also a dynamic weather system in the game. There's however no checks in place to make sure when the guy who burns the village down touches a torch to the wooden bridge that its not ACTIVELY STORMING. It cuts inside a house and the rain is so intense you see it running down every single wall, all the while the fire spreads over the waterfalls. It's just amateur hour to not put a "not rain" condition for the weather during the town burning down scenes.

Click for full size
    Last edited by Opaque; 06 Jun 2021 at 04:27 PM.