Thread: The Outer Worlds 2 (Xbox)

1. The Outer Worlds 2 (Xbox)

The narration on this trailer is exactly what I want out of a The Outer Worlds sequel trailer, I'm in love!

2. I really wanted to like the first one and I put a quite a few hours into it. I just couldn't and can't tell you why.

3. I felt the same. The combat kind of sucked. The missions were kind of lame. I gave it about 4 or 5 hours and just moved on. It felt like it was trying to be Borderlands, more than Fallout like.
    Last edited by gamevet; 14 Jun 2021 at 10:02 PM.

4. Third, I got bored after I finished the initial/first planet. It was a pleasant surprise to recruit that shady clergyman (I think?).

5. To me the short nature of it and how genuinely every decision you made mattered, felt like a tighter experience than Fallout 4 was. For me it just needed to be longer!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    To me the short nature of it and how genuinely every decision you made mattered, felt like a tighter experience than Fallout 4 was. For me it just needed to be longer!
    The thing that really pissed me off about the game, was trying to get better weapons. You kept getting the same crap, and the vending machines would give you jack shit for credits. I ended up on a planet where I was pretty much surrounded by robots and running around the giant konix boxes for safety. And I kept getting the same results, where I was out of ammo, unable to heal and the final 2 robots finally getting me. It felt very unbalanced, and you really were kind of stuck with a planet that could be beyond your skillset/weapons and really have no better option other than to go back to the last planet, where you grinded away at for hours, trying to accumulate credits and gear.

At least Fallout 4 is a giant world that you can explore and know where your boundaries are. The Outer Worlds is just a bunch of small sandboxes that you are forced to wade through, without many options.

7. Especially considering Bethesda is working on Starfield and TES VI, I don't know why you wouldn't just put Obsidian on Fallout, rather than an IP that was literally created as a stand-in for the Fallout license. Maybe Bethesda is still territorial about it, or maybe they really want to build Outer Worlds into something, but it feels like the wrong move to me.

8. While Obsidian is kind of making sequels to someone else's games (KotOR 2 and New Vegas) I like the idea of them actually building their own property. They made the original on a baby budgets and working with hardware memory limitiations, and I think it's very impressive the quality they pulled off considering that.

This game will be made for Series X from the ground up and will have the money needed to fund the creation of a larger world, so the foundation is there for me to get excited!