Thread: What is going on with this Star Fox cart?

1. What is going on with this Star Fox cart?

I've had this Star Fox cart for a really long time. A little over a year ago, it just stopped working. BonusKun found another cart for me and that one has been working well. Today, I decided to crack open my SNES cart and took an erasure and alcohol to the pins, to make sure that they weren't causing the cart to not function. That didn't work, so I decided that I was going to take the good PCB and put it into my pristine cart shell. When I opened up the other cart, I noticed a stark difference the boards. What gives? It's not a cart made by Majesco and it's not a million seller either.

Here's the chipset on my broken cart. It almost looks like some kind of bootleg cart.

This one looks like what I was expecting to see, when I'd opened the cart.

My pristine cart on the right. The donor cart on the left.

There's nothing on the box, to suggest these were the carts being manufactured in Mexico.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 05 Aug 2023 at 08:55 PM.

2. Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. The glob of glue on top of the chips wouldn't be doing them any favors. The years of running hot, probably is what killed that cart.