Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

1. Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

I can't find a thread for this, but this is the first game play so it's basically the first trailer that matters. I think Breath of the Wild is the greatest video game ever made, hands down. This looks like EXACTLY what you'd dream for in a sequel to the greatest game ever:

2. Yeah I'm in for this. Metroid Dread and the Advance Wars games.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. This will be the game that releases with New Switch hardware. It'd be nice to play Breath of the Wild 2 with a solid 30 (not gonna dream for 60). I'd love to see dungeons come back too.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    This will be the game that releases with New Switch hardware. It'd be nice to play Breath of the Wild 2 with a solid 30 (not gonna dream for 60). I'd love to see dungeons come back too.
    Well, that didn’t happen! There are quite a few moments where the game just nosedives in the teens for the FPS. I’m surprised that Nintendo hasn’t run out of Tegra chips to manufacture the Switch. They’re either using a knockoff, or had a huge stockpile when Nvidia stopped making the chip.

There are some cool new features with this game that are pretty cool, but I’m having a hard time getting into this one. Maybe once I get past the frozen area, will the game pickup in pace.
    Last edited by gamevet; 22 May 2023 at 09:56 AM.

5. The game looks really good on ancient hardware. I would love to see a 4k/60fps version of BotW and TotK someday.

6. I'm on my way to the first dungeon in the sky. Getting there is a fucking slog and I'm ready to drop the game. I do like the shrines more this time around but this sky area really blows.

I really wish this was released with the Switch successor. It chugs hard in spots. How far are you guys in the game? Does it get better?

7. For the most part it runs smoothly in dock mode. I have never tried portable. The initial (tutorial) area is huge! It took me 3 days to get through, but once you do the game opens up and much better.

8. Game is pretty tight. I'm definitely spending more time exploring and goofing around than in BOTW, which I thought was great but didn't invest nearly as much time as a lot of other people did. Even though there's a lot of familiar stuff the game feels really fresh, and it feels like everything has been thoughtfully enhanced/expanded.

9. I really do love this game and I'm taking my sweet time with it. Better that BOTW but still feels empty in alot of places. Lots of aimless running in spots with nothing in between. I know its a hardware thing and I accept it. Just makes me want whatever is next from Nintendo. It's time to move on from the current hardware.

10. I’ve just been playing a little bit here and there. My longest session was probably 2-3 hours on Sunday. I’ve completed 10 Shrines so far and Link still only has 4 hearts of health. I’m in no hurry to get to a dungeon, until I get a few more hearts. I’m also needing better weapons. I’m getting a lot of meh swords and bows.