Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch (OLED)

1. Treasure Nintendo Switch (OLED)

Coming out October 8th.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. As someone who never uses theirs in handheld mode and wouldn't even use an ethernet port, this is a disappointment after months of lekas saying we'd get a stronger console. Oh well.

EDIT: Someone somewhere else put it perfectly, this is the PS4 Slim not the PS4 pro. An improved option for people just jumping in, or replacing a broken model, but not something you upgrade to. Hopefully a Pro comes out before BotW 2!
    Last edited by Opaque; 06 Jul 2021 at 11:31 AM.

3. Price is $349.99 for this fucking thing. Oh yeah the internal memory was bumped from 32 gigs to 64 gigs. They should have just gone all the way.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. So, this still doesn’t answer what they are replacing the Tegra X1 chip with.

5. I also thought it was interesting that they chose to upgrade things that specifically wouldn't have synergy with each other. Can't enjoy the OLED screen while hooked up to Ethernet yet those are the only two things that improve game play experience they changed. Almost seems like they shouldn't have bothered with one of them.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I also thought it was interesting that they chose to upgrade things that specifically wouldn't have synergy with each other. Can't enjoy the OLED screen while hooked up to Ethernet yet those are the only two things that improve game play experience they changed. Almost seems like they shouldn't have bothered with one of them.
    Don't be a negative nancy! You are getting marginal improvements whether you are portable or playing on TV!

7. Yawn.

8. This is what I was hoping for. The Switch graphics are plenty good as they are. If Nintendo wants a marketing refresh and higher price point, keep the games fully forward and backward compatible.

9. Considering the number of minor revisions Nintendo has released for handheld consoles over the years, I'm totally not surprised. Disappointing on one hand, nice for new buyers (who at this point was holding out til now though?), and a small relief for my wallet. Although it makes me wonder if chip shortages played a big role in the number of changes they decided to make here.

10. Its Nintendo so who knows why they decided that this is a good idea. I hope the scalpers choke on all these fucking systems they hoard and try to flip.