Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo Infinite

1. Halo Infinite

Did a quick search did not see a dedicated thread. Not much of the campaign has been revealed except that:

a) Cortana has gone missing
    b) They are paring Master Chief with a new AI companion referred to as "The Weapon"
    c) Main antagonist are not the covenant/prometheans but the Banished from Halo Wars

But more immediate, the multiplayer is going to be free and first technical preview (more than an alpha but less than a beta) is happening this weekend (7/29-8/1).
    The preview seems to be bot based which is a first for Halo. I've always wanted bots in Halo. With all the telemetry they've gathered over the years and all the
    advancements in AI hopefully they'll be pretty cool.

I got my invite yesterday. Did anyone here get invited?

2. I'm 0% interested in multiplayer those days are just behind me and it sounds like work to even bother.

Single player, that's what I'm interested in. The newest video looked way better than the one from last year, which was just total garbage. I think 4 and 5 were ok games, nothing special, but I'll keep following this story and game until they stop making em honestly.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I'm 0% interested in multiplayer those days are just behind me and it sounds like work to even bother.

Single player, that's what I'm interested in. The newest video looked way better than the one from last year, which was just total garbage. I think 4 and 5 were ok games, nothing special, but I'll keep following this story and game until they stop making em honestly.
    My main attraction is also the single player campaign. Though, I was semi disappointed in 4's story and really didn't enjoy 5's story. I never played multiplayer for 1-4. Not once. Then I saw a Halo Championship Series tournament for Halo 5 and thought that looked cool. So I gave Halo 5 multiplayer a shot. I ended up really liking it. I'm not great or anything but I do enjoy playing it. I'm pretty pumped for Infinite though. This story beat of Cortana == Mendicant Bias and "The Weapon" == Offensive Bias seems incredibly interesting! They can hopefully fixed the cluster f. that Halo 5's story campaign was.

4. I’m on PC, so I didn’t get an invite. I am a Ultimate subscriber.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I’m on PC, so I didn’t get an invite. I am a Ultimate subscriber.
    They are doing PC flights as well! I got an invite for that but I don't have a gaming PC.
    If you are at all interested in the following flights, just sign up here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/c...y/halo-insider
    You do need to opt in for the communications emails, but I will say that I have never received an email from 343i that was not flight'ing related. No ads or spam.

I have put in a couple of hours in the game. The way I would describe it so far is like a mix between Halo 3 and 5 gameplay wise.
    I've played both on the XSS (1080p/60fps) and my old Xbox One (1080p/30fps). I didn't really mind the 30fps. Texture quality seem to be pretty much on par for both.

I've also read a couple of stories around the interwebs that story details have been accidentally leaked and that they do really spoil the campaign. So if you at all care about that, try to avoid (I know I am).

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I'm 0% interested in multiplayer those days are just behind me and it sounds like work to even bother.
    The ability to play against bots has 100% made this my fucking GOTY.

I'm not even sure it's the best experience of the year for me (we'll see) and I'm not even sure how much I'm going to play it (we'll also see) but the idea that I can jump in and play some Halo like the old days without ANY concern about being over matched, not having a party I play with regularly, ect is the greatest fucking shit ever. Maybe I'll want to play Quick Matches and Big Team Battles, maybe I'll jump into parties with dudes I know, but the idea that I can play a few quick, no stress, matches is the dream I've had for years.

7. Just downloaded this and had fun even though I was pretty clueless as to what was happening. I did well once I got into a domination match

8. Man am I hating playing against real players though. It's insane how quickly I die but everyone else feels like a bullet sponge. I have no idea how I'm unloading while clips inti dudes over 5 seconds and they live but I die in 2 second once they turn around and fire the same weapon back at me.

Like I'm willing to admit that I'm not as good as I used to be by a lot, but against bots these guns just seem to do more damage. I can four shot bots with a BR but against a human opponent they just live through whole clips no matter what.

9. I feel like I'm getting some of my aim and strategy back, getting used to maps and figuring out weapon locations (what the fuck about the RNG of what weapons spawn in rounds and where though?) is helping a lot.

Day 1 I couldn't get a positive K/D against even bots, not I'm destroying them as you'd expect. Messing around with BTB more now and it's getting better, but still a far cry from what I used to be!

10. This is going to be my first Halo game I'm gonna learn. Gonna give it a real shot over break. I need something to hold me over till Battlefield 2042's issues are ironed out. Is playing against the bots a good way to learn the game or should I just dive in?