Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: N64 - Celebrating its North American 25th Anniversary.

1. I still have my launch 64! I worked at Toys R Us and we set up demos units with Mario 64 and my brother and I were like the first people
    to play it. It was months after the system launched where we finally stopped buying every game that came out. We played a shitload of every 4 player game that came out. Wayne Gretzky, Hangtime,Snowboard kids, Mario Kart,Blitz,and of course Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I don’t think any game is close to the amount of time I’ve put into Goldeneye. We played that thing splitscreen with friends every single weekend for 2 years…..on a 13” tv. Lol.

I’ve been slowly cataloging my little game collection and I’m kinda shocked how much some N64 games go for. Conker is like $300, wtf!
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    WCW/NWO Revenge was like Jesus was resurrected around here. I think World Tour was first? Those games basically replaced traditional fighting games because the controller sucked for anything else.
    Yeah it went World Tour, Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 (japan), Revenge, WrestleMania 2000, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (japan), then No Mercy. I think WCW vs. the World/virtual pro-wrestling on playstation was released before World Tour though. AKI were the kings of wrestling games to me. I even really liked their games that used the same fighting engine: Def Jam Vendetta, Fight for NY, the Ultimate Muscle games and Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō on PSP. Sadly after all that they changed names to Syn Sophia and moved to handheld and arcade games mostly released only in Japan. The Style Savvy series is the only thing we've seen from them in North America over the past decade.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    I still have my launch 64! I worked at Toys R Us and we set up demos units with Mario 64 and my brother and I were like the first people
    to play it. It was months after the system launched where we finally stopped buying every game that came out. We played a shitload of every 4 player game that came out. Wayne Gretzky, Hangtime,Snowboard kids, Mario Kart,Blitz,and of course Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I don’t think any game is close to the amount of time I’ve put into Goldeneye. We played that thing splitscreen with friends every single weekend for 2 years…..on a 13” tv. Lol.

I’ve been slowly cataloging my little game collection and I’m kinda shocked how much some N64 games go for. Conker is like $300, wtf!
    I once owned 2 complete copies (one sealed) of Conker’s Bad Fur day. I tried to sell one of them on TNL a long time ago. I had picked them up for @$5 from Toys R’ Us on clearance. TRU were also selling the Gold and Pokemon edition 64s for $30, on clearance, but for some reason I’d passed on them.

4. I think you sold me a sealed Paper Mario here. I still have it!

5. Something like $28?

I found the thread. I’d bought it for $28, some years prior. Sold it to you for $15. I’d sold the Conkers BFD for $7 sealed.

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/thr...s-all-F-sealed
    Last edited by gamevet; 05 Oct 2021 at 11:50 AM.

6. Damn, what a deal

7. If it makes you guys feel any better, I sold my Panzer Dragoon Saga years ago for $10.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

8. I still have a copy of Paper Mario. I just dumped my other copy.

Yeah, Panzer Dragoon Saga has gotten crazy expensive. I remember when Toy R’ Us was clearing them out for $20. I should have picked up an extra copy, or 2.

9. I picked a copy of PDS up at $25 and gave it to my friend. At least he is still my friend to this day

I also won a sealed copy of PDS when EGM was running a contest during Panzer Dragoon Orta release. I won the second prize which included a copy of PDS, a signed copy of PDO poster (from the producer I think), and a t-shirt. I still have this sealed copy which will be sold at Heritage auction someday

10. Your grandkids will be set for life!