Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 245678 LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2022 Edition ~ Underture

1. I’m holding out until I get a PS5 to play this one. It would probably run a little better on my PCs, but I’d rather grind it out for some trophies.

2. #18: Lichtspeer (PS4)

A deceptively simple action game where you control a stationary character throwing light spears against an onslaught of enemies. The trick is to aim for consecutive headshots for bonus multiplier, and it is much harder than it looks. I really enjoyed this game, once you get into a rhythm, you will be doing headshots without aiming. The boss fights though, are tough as nails. I don't enjoy them at all. Finished it once and now working on NG+ for even harder enemies.

3. 13) The Artful Escape

Another great example of the value gamepass can have. If I paid for this game specifically, I might have had a worse impression of it. It's short, very basic, and the story thinks higher of itself than it really is.

That being said, over 4 hours you get to see some cool visuals, hear some good tunes and it ends before it overstays its welcome.

14) Power Washing Simulator

Looks like I missed this one, but finished it a while back. It's the ultimate "do while watching something else" game. It even has a story. Recommended.

15) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2

Technically started this last year on PS4, but they made the PS5 version a PS Plus title this month and it was easy to transfer the save over. Didn't 100% it but I did 100% both campaigns on my created skater which is as much completing as I'm gonna do on this. Was a fun nostalgic trip, not sure how well it holds up by modern standards, feel like kids now days playing this from scratch would be right to think it's lacking, but I had a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Opaque; 04 Sep 2022 at 09:57 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    13) The Artful Escape

Another great example of the value gamepass can have. If I paid for this game specifically, I might have had a worse impression of it. It's short, very basic, and the story thinks higher of itself than it really is.

That being said, over 4 hours you get to see some cool visuals, hear some good tunes and it ends before it overstays its welcome.
    Your description intrigued me so I completed it as well. #19 The Artful Escape (XBSX) Agreed with everything you said. It is empty calories, but it is on Gamepass so might as well.

#20 The Ascent (XBSX)
    This one is also on Gamepass, an isometric twinstick cyberpunk action RPG. If it sounds like something you might like, then you should definitely try it. I enjoyed it a lot, the game's environment/graphics are amazing, levels are huge and lots of stuff to kill. It is a bit repetitive and navigating the huge map can be a pain as most areas are very similar. The fast travel is also not the most intuitive as you can only fast travel within each level, and you will frequently have to travel between levels for side/main missions. I just walked everywhere which does make the game a bit longer. I probably spent 35-45hrs, did about 80% side missions. I do recommend it as it is a really well made game.

5. I’ll have to check those out. I need to play something a little different.

GamePass is awesome!

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    #20 The Ascent (XBSX)
    This one is also on Gamepass, an isometric twinstick cyberpunk action RPG. If it sounds like something you might like, then you should definitely try it. I enjoyed it a lot, the game's environment/graphics are amazing, levels are huge and lots of stuff to kill. It is a bit repetitive and navigating the huge map can be a pain as most areas are very similar. The fast travel is also not the most intuitive as you can only fast travel within each level, and you will frequently have to travel between levels for side/main missions. I just walked everywhere which does make the game a bit longer. I probably spent 35-45hrs, did about 80% side missions. I do recommend it as it is a really well made game.
    I played and finished The Ascent last year. I liked it a lot. A lot of love was poured into crafting the ambiance of the game. I recommend it as well.

7. #21 Coffee Talk (XBSX)
    Also on Gamepass, a more western take on the Visual Novel genre. It is a pretty neat VN where you get to play as a barista and listen to a few customers' stories/problems. It uses fantastical races (i.e. werewolves, vampires, elves, etc.) to illustrate/exaggerate social issues that we experience daily. The only gameplay is making the right coffee for the customers by choosing 3 ingredients for the right mix of hot/cold, sweetness/bitterness, etc. It is a short and relaxing game with multiple endings (not sure how many, but I don't think it is a lot) with social commentary. I recommend it.

8. 16) Townscaper

Not a game. Even the developer says it's not a game. It's a TOY.

It's fun a toy though, and free on Gamepass, and you'll enjoy it for an hour or two before you get all the achievements (or sooner if you get lucky or look them up). Daughter and I messed with it to completion in like 2 hours and I'd recommend it at that price, for that purpose.

17) Splatoon 3

I'm going to get a lot of additional mileage out of this game since multiplayer and salmon run offer a lot of replay and gear grinding, but I've done enough multiplayer and 100% completed the single player campaign, including the bullshit secret final level, that I think I can say I've completed it.

Best of he 3 games so far, hands down. That being said, it is 75% the same multiplayer and the single player campaign, while a step forward, is still Splatoon mechanics in levels so your enjoyment of this game will be basically the same as your enjoyment of the first two. I you liked them you'll really like this.
    Last edited by Opaque; 13 Sep 2022 at 01:51 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I’ll have to check those out. I need to play something a little different.

GamePass is awesome!
    Tokyo Game Show just happened and MS announced major games are about to hit the service. A lot of JP games that haven't been on the platform before. I have so much I want to play now, it's overwhelming.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 16 Sep 2022 at 07:43 PM.

10. 6) Nioh 2 Remastered (PS5) base game
    Nioh 2 seems tougher than the first one when you're getting started. Stay with it, and it's about the same. Used against certain enemy attacks, the burst counter system does grave Ki damage. The soul core that a killed yokai sometimes drops may be taken and attuned with your guardian spirit to add yokai abilities. You can summon other players' spirits from a Benevolent Grave to fight alongside you, and there are more NPC allies to be found. Weapons you no longer want can be donated at the Kodama shrines for not just amrita, but also divine rice- the currency of the Kodama Bazaar. At the KB you can restock gun or cannon shells, arrows, and elixirs if needed. Sometimes an item donated by other players will show up for sale.
    My favorite of the new weapons turned out to be the switchglaive. Serious magic users should try it, since it does scale with the magic stat. Learn it well, get a few active skills, and it can wreck things for you. YMMV, but I thought the endgame got almost a little too easy.