Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony buys Bungie

1. Treasure Sony buys Bungie

3.6 billion dollars. I guess we're slowly going to have the big companies absorb the smaller ones.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. They should buy another manufacturing plant so I can get a fucking PS5.

3. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    They should buy another manufacturing plant so I can get a fucking PS5.
    It's sad, but 3.6 billion isn't enough to build a chip manufacturing plant that would meet the requirements for the silicon in the PS5/Xbox Series consoles. Now, you could probably make 3 to 4 manufacturing plants with the level of investment MS put into Activision/Blizzard/King... Finding where to build them is another problem all together. But I digress...

4. I really feel like Sony literally did this just to make sure Bungie doesn't return to MS and they can use Destiny or whatever future IPs they make as collateral to keep CoD on Playstation. The intent isn't to make Bungie a Sony only developer.

Still it's crazy that Sony owns the developer that originally made Halo and MS owns the developer with the current rights to Crash and Spyro. Shit be crazy.

5. All this shit is gross. I'm with Hao, I just want to walk into a store and buy a fucking PS5 or at least address the scalper issue.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    All this shit is gross. I'm with Hao, I just want to walk into a store and buy a fucking PS5 or at least address the scalper issue.
    What's it been out now, 14 months? This shit is stupid.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I really feel like Sony literally did this just to make sure Bungie doesn't return to MS and they can use Destiny or whatever future IPs they make as collateral to keep CoD on Playstation. The intent isn't to make Bungie a Sony only developer.

Still it's crazy that Sony owns the developer that originally made Halo and MS owns the developer with the current rights to Crash and Spyro. Shit be crazy.
    This deal was 6 months in the making. Unless Sony got some kind of inside information that MS was going after Activision, it sounds like they just planned on buying them quite awhile back.

8. There will be more. Hopefully MS gets SEGA since they kind of replaced them in the console game. Seems like capcom or Konami would be likely sony targets.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. Konami would make sense, if they wanted all of the software assets, but the company is pretty much a Pachinko machine service now.