Thread: Advice for moving across states?

1. Advice for moving across states?

I'm planning on moving to Arkansas (currently I live in Illinois) soonish and I have things packed but I'm worried about the process of moving my gaming setup and my games, consoles and figures. I think I might have to downsize.
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

2. Are you moving a whole house full of furniture, or an apartment?

What's in Arkansas?

3. Not a whole house worth, just the stuff in my room, so my tv, my ps1, my ps2, my gamecube, wii, ps4, pc, handhelds, clothes, computer chair and desk, and my media. I just.. have a lot of stuff.There's nothing in Arkansas besides my best friend, I just don't really have any attachment to Illinois and I want to live as far away from certain members of my family as possible.
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

4. I put all of my gaming stuff in large plastic totes, when we moved into our house back in 2004. Maybe a little bubble wrap for the more fragile items. You can rent a small Uhaul, with a towing trailer for your car. You can turn in the Uhaul to any dealer in Arkansas, once you’re done with it.

5. Honestly, anything that's most precious to me I would personally pack and move in my own car, instead of leaving it in the hands of some scumbag moving company. Those people are generally low-paid and don't give a shit about their jobs.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Honestly, anything that's most precious to me I would personally pack and move in my own car, instead of leaving it in the hands of some scumbag moving company. Those people are generally low-paid and don't give a shit about their jobs.
    That's what I did. We hired a moving company for the furniture, but all of my gaming stuff and the televisions were moved over to the house with several trips in my car.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    What's in Arkansas?
    Arkansans.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Woah!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monkey.gif 
Views:	314 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	82032  

9. Pack all the valuables yourself and rent a Uhaul. It will be a ton of work but it will be worth it. Might be a good time to declutter and sell off stuff you don't want to keep.

10. Related: I was watching this video by one of those roundeye "oh hai I live in Japan" vloggers and I was astounded by how super-hardcore professional Japanese moving companies are. I mean, they even have cases that allow them to individually pack your dishes and everything. Unbelievable.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww