Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Splatoon 2 (NS)

Splatoon 2 (NS)

Launch is less than a week away, and the beta Splatfest or whatever they are calling it is 6-10 CotUDT tonight.

2. Brought the switch to the beach rental for this, but found this upstairs...

Proof that God exists.

So, at least for Splatfest, you have to either have a full team of four or play solo. That's pretty awful, considering Splatfests are when the most people play.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Brought the switch to the beach rental for this, but found this upstairs...
    FUCK YEAH

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    So, at least for Splatfest, you have to either have a full team of four or play solo. That's pretty awful, considering Splatfests are when the most people play.
    I cannot believe the game still doesn't let you bail out of searching for a game if you're getting no hits. Years later, all you can still do is just sit there and let it time out? And you can't change your loudout while sitting there?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

7. Got my first taste of splatting during this splatfest. I gotta say this splat game is rad as hell. Really liked the skate park and parking lot levels (jumping dooown momentarily reminded me of such vertical games as Jumping Flash). Definitely gonna pick this up and put inadvisable amounts of time into splatting fools&tools.

It kind of sucks playing solo and getting stuck in a crap team though.

8. I put work in for team cupcake and got to champion lv. 99 during the test. A couple thing surprised me... I was surprised how much I missed playing the Wii U's silly Doodle Jump clone with squids or other random games on the pad. I was also shocked how the music seemed to be muted so much compared to the original. It was good, but when it was the last 30 seconds of the match in the original, you felt it. You knew you had to put in some serious ink time. In S2, matches would end and I'd not even realize it. I know its splatfest music but I hope the regular game has better music and music cues to up the tempo at the end of the match.

The complaints mollipen and I'm sure others have still exist. I was bummed to see how similar the UI was in the game. Not being able to switch gear while waiting for a game is lame. Also, is it going to be a 2 map rotation every 2 hours or 3 map rotation every 2 hours. I have to look further into it. I wish it just had a vote at the end of a match between 2 different maps or whatever. Hell, even Battlefield does it now. Get with the times, Nintendo.

The game and gameplay itself is pure Splatoon magic though! The new Ultimates are a lot of fun! I loved knocking fools out of mid air with the roller's new air ink throw! The dualies were really awesome too. The dodging they offer is great! Regular gun is ho hum and I don't snipe so I don't have an opinion. I know a good sniper on the right map in the original game was a scary thing so I don't count them out ever, even if they aren't covering as much.

The maps were varied and a lot of fun too. They felt like parts of other maps from the first game but that's not a bad thing. The Skate park and Moray Towers were my favorite. Moray had little touches changed to it for the better so I'm interested to see a couple other maps from S1 remixed!

Is it Friday yet?!? I can't wait!

9. Already felt that I was going to buy it to have a new Switch game, and the demo was better than I expected. The best selling point of this to me will be having a multiplayer FPS on the couch while my gf watches one of her terrible TV shows. Thinking about ordering that stupid Hori headset...

Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    Thinking about ordering that stupid Hori headset...
    I wish they'd sell the the squitter separately.