Thread: The Forgotten City

1. The Forgotten City

Leaving Gamepass soon, making a thread to bring attention to it.

Apparently in 2015 a guy made a mod for Skyrim that everyone thought was incredible, it won awards. Then similarly to Team Fortress, it was made into a stand alone game:

Sounds like it takes 6-8 hours so I'm going to knock it out before it's gone.

2. It's crazy, the amount of talent out there that can create all of these incredible mods. This looks pretty cool!

3. I am going to try it tonight, thx for the heads up.

4. Going to straight copy what I wrote in the completion thread, because not everyone reads both:

Short Version: My dudes, it's really good.

Long Version: If you like Skyrim and are interested in maybe the best single location quest line that "could have been", you gotta play this. Originally made as a Skyrim mod (you can tell) the entire thing was redone and released as a full game. Because of this they had to change anything that was a Skyrim reference, so when you play the story takes place in Rome and references Greece and Egypt not Dwemer. Without ruining the story, which is the entire point of this game really, you get to do some pretty fun stuff with concurrent quest completion and there's genuinely a few branching paths that can lead to building towards getting the true ending, so trial and error is never punished. This is important because any "sin" will initiate The Golden Rule and have everyone in the city including you turned to gold; I'm guessing that originally that was meant to keep you from pocket picking, stealing and killing your way to a solution originally and it totally works still.

Leaves Gamepass sometime this month, takes about 7 hours to complete.
    To clarify (without spoiling) some of this, what was neat to me is that you can kind of muddle your way to a solution for problem X, and no matter how messy it was getting to that solution, once you have it, you always have it. So for example (this part is a spoiler) When you're trying to save the poisoned girl you can either find enough money to buy the antidote or steal it and just re-loop, and from that point on you have a way to save them every time you loop. If you decide to buy it you can either find money hidden around that doesn't count as stealing, or steal money and re-loop OR do the bow questline and trick one guy into giving you a ton of money to tell him how to get the bow. That's just one example, but there's a lot of paths that lead to conclusions and it's gratifying to figure them out yourself and to notice what you could have done otherwise as you continue to explore and navigate the dialogue.
    Last edited by Opaque; 19 Oct 2022 at 10:31 AM.

5. I'm downloading it now. Thanks for the heads up.

6. I played a few hours last night. It started out very confusing and not very interesting, but then something clicks and it become quite addictive.

7. I wasn't sure if I liked it and then I got the golden bow and did a loop where I could send Galerius to complete a task I had previously figured out and there was no turning away until I'd done everything.

Goes from "what in the fuck am I supposed to do just talk to everyone forever?" to "holy shit I can DO THAT?" out of nowhere.

8. @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !

[Spam link removed] - best crypto pumps on telegram Make 1000% and more within 1 day, join channel @pump_upp !
    Last edited by Nick; 25 Oct 2023 at 11:14 PM.

9. How this dude not banned when he's only posted this shit ever?