Thread: Wii U is now 10 years old.

1. Wii U is now 10 years old.

I didn't get a Wii U, until near the launch of the Breath of the Wild. I got a boxed Super Mario 3D World Deluxe set off of Ebay, with two Wii-motes included, for just over $200. I managed to get games like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Maker for the console, along with about 8 or 10 Wii titles. It's a console that I want to continue to collect for, but a good portion of the games for it have, or are, being ported to the Switch.

What's your thoughts on the failed Nintendo console?

Last edited by gamevet; 20 Nov 2022 at 02:29 PM.

2. I fucking loved it and still have it hooked up.

HDMI support for Wii games, a great pro version controller, so many good first party games (that eventually got ported to Switch because they were great but undersold) and probably the best virtual console set up of any Nintendo console. I will say that my opinion looks at it more like an upgraded Wii, than a follow up generation. I like it like I liked the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
    Last edited by Opaque; 21 Nov 2022 at 10:41 AM.

3. Agree with Opaque, it is a great little system that could. There were a few decent exclusives at the time too, but most of them are now ported to Switch. The pad thing is a bit clumsy and definitely a precursor to Switch. I want to mod mine and get a hdd and put all the great Wii/WiiU games on it.

4. I put an external HDD on mine about 4 months ago. The update for Xenoblade Chronicles X was nearly 30GB, which would have exceeded the measly 32GB of internal memory. It would have been cool if the SD card could be used for more than just stupid pictures.

The Wii U is pretty much my Wii. I never bought a Wii and I don’t know if I ever will. The Wii U serves that purpose. I’m constantly looking for titles for it and the Wii U when I’m looking at resellers.

5. What's funny is my Wii is still hooked up because it's the best Gamecube, since I have component cables for it. Though, I've read that if you just get competent cables for the GC the games actually look better that way, I've just yet to do that.

So currently my WiiU plays Wii games and my Wii plays GC games. And most the WiiU games I like, I now own on Switch.

6. I was fortunate enough to get the GC Component cables from a former TNL member. I was also lucky that I didn't get duped by him like other members did. I gave him like $50 and when I didn't see it at my door 10 days later, I posted on his sales thread that I hadn't seen, or heard anything about my purchase. He then shipped it off and several other people paid for stuff from him, only to have him cut bait and never came back.

7. I still have mine hooked up as well. I play alot of Wii stuff on it. Tatsunoko Vs Capcom with an SNES mini controller is a fun way to play it since I never bothered to get a stick or a Brook adapter for it.

It's a great Zelda machine and as stated before, the Virtual console is pretty good. Cool console, half-baked ideas and terrible marketing.