Thread: The Game Awards 2022

1. The Game Awards 2022

I didn't watch the awards show this year, because it hasn't been all that great to watch for several years. I did catch this award, that was given to Christopher Judge, for best performance. It was cool to see Al Pacino introduce the award to him. His speech was pretty good.

Did you watch the show, or are you kind of turned off by the affair?

2. Totally skipped. Just looked at the list of trailers afterwards and didn't even watch much of those.

3. I am allergic to award shows in general. But, I did hear that Bill Clinton won GOTY.

4. I watch no award shows of any type, but I am always interested in looking at winners after. That kid who thanked Bill Clinton literally just wandered on stage with the Elden Ring group from a totally different row of seats, no one noticed and later he got arrested.

I was excited by Death Stranding 2 being announced!

5. It serves a purpose, in that it’s what E3 used to be (surprise trailers and megaton announcements), but it’s not a legit awards show. The Academy Awards, Grammys, etc. don’t function as a de facto trade show for next year’s biggest projects, and until we have something that functions in kind, our hobby won’t be properly recognized as art on an equal footing.

Also, Death Stranding was ponderous bullshit. I slogged through it because Kojima has given us so much that he deserves the benefit of the doubt, but that well has run dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

Also, Death Stranding was ponderous bullshit. I slogged through it because Kojima has given us so much that he deserves the benefit of the doubt, but that well has run dry.
    I thought it was terrible as well.