Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us on HBO.

1. The Last of Us on HBO.

I just finished the second episode tonight. The added content, with the 1st episode showing an interview during the '60s, where a scientist talks about how if fungi ever adapted, that it would be the end. And then there's the second episode, where a fungi expert looks at the 1st case of an infected. It's just chilling to watch. The show, so far, just nails the experience of the video game and expands upon the storyline. I'm loving it so far.

Have you watched this show?

2. Yes - and it makes me want to play it for the third time. Definitely on point.

3. I will watch it once all the episodes are out. Love the game and it sounds like they nailed the production and casting.

4. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Yes - and it makes me want to play it for the third time. Definitely on point.
    Me too! I’ve completed it on the PS3 and it was one of the 1st titles I’d bought for PS4.

I almost bought TLOU2 for $9 from Walmart. They jacked the price back up to $40, after the show came out. That’s okay. I didn’t like how Neil pretty much forced out Amy Henning and scraped all of their work to create a story that most fans of the original are appalled by.

5. Annie Wersching, who did the voice acting for Tess has passed away. She had cancer.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/30/11524...m-cancer-at-45

6. Episode 3 is incredible story telling.

7. This show has been straight incredible and is, in my opinion, the new master class in how to adapt a video game into a show.

The things that needed to be changed because it's not a game (not having them just kill 40 dudes in a boat yard looking for Robert, or the spores which don't make sense to just not be a problem once you walk out of a building unless it's a segmented video game)have been handled so damn well. The things that didn't need to change, but could be improved upon (changing environmental story telling for Bill to just straight story telling because an hour of Joel and Ellie wandering the town scavenging and killing clickers doesn't work in show), so far have been done with great care and quality.

8. I don’t think I ever played the game, but I need to watch this.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I don’t think I ever played the game, but I need to watch this.
    You need to play the game too.

10. Most definitely! It’s in my top 3 for the past 15 years, easily.