Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, XBO, Switch)

1. I'm hoping Act I of Green Hill is literally the same as a throwback, but everything else is different. Act II starts: veil is lifted everything's new and weird.

2. This does look good. Whitehead being on it means it will obviously feel like a Sonic game, but has he or the other dudes on this done much in terms of new stages/enemies/etc? Or is this new territory for all of these guys?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    This does look good. Whitehead being on it means it will obviously feel like a Sonic game, but has he or the other dudes on this done much in terms of new stages/enemies/etc? Or is this new territory for all of these guys?
    Stealth has done a lot of popular Sonic hacks (including Megamix) and made his own Sonic-style engine for fan games, so yeah. Pagoda-West made a well liked Sonic clone on iOS. I'm very impressed with the team they've put together.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 23 Jul 2016 at 04:36 PM.

4. Only way it could get better is if the Freedom Planet guys helped, too.

...and were told dialog was outlawed and all stages should take no longer than 2:00 to finish.

Actually, no. This is a good team! Let's leave it that way.

6. That is some sonic ass sonic.

7. I feel like the remixed stuff clashes with the new stuff. I wish they'd just do an all-original game.

Still this looks pretty great. There are apparently some pretty major expansions to the old levels, too. I saw another video that showed a ton of new stuff in Green Hill Zone.

I'm down

9. I love Studiopolis Zone. It looks and sounds great.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I love Studiopolis Zone. It looks and sounds great.
    It totally hits it with me with that Sonic CD vibe which is what I'm loving so much.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL