Page 1233 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 1219122912311232123312341235 ... LastLast
Results 12,321 to 12,330 of 12367

Thread: The Obama Presidency

1. Not even a joke listing:

New Grad ICU Position
    Requirements: At least one year ICU experience.

2. That makes perfect sense.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I think some of it is having no idea how to deal with an aging workforce after cutting the job training and keeping older employees well past the time of retirement.

They are making listings for what they need and what they want to pay, not for anything that exist in reality.

They want someone that will take entry level pay. And 65 year old Jim Porter is about to retire and they want to replace him. So they want someone that will take the least amount of pay and already knows everything Jim knows.

"wah, wah, wah, why can't we find someone that will take less money, train themselves, and have an absurd level of exp for a 20 something year old?"
    Last edited by Fe 26; 11 Jun 2016 at 03:26 PM.

We had that issue recently at my office. We needed to hire someone who is one level below me in the print shop. The boss wanted experience in the field of printing, and knowledge of office, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc. Basically, another me but at a lower pay grade. Not gonna happen, as most of the guys in the print field with a ton of experience are machine operators with little computer experience, or younger people who know the software but have no clue about running large printing machinery.

Couldn't find anyone that fit the bill really, so I picked the person who seemed most intelligent that I could train. That's worked out pretty well.

5. They're just putting up those listings so they can hire Pajeet at $10 an hour on a H1B.

Man, fuck Pajeet. Seriously.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    We had that issue recently at my office. We needed to hire someone who is one level below me in the print shop. The boss wanted experience in the field of printing, and knowledge of office, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc. Basically, another me but at a lower pay grade. Not gonna happen, as most of the guys in the print field with a ton of experience are machine operators with little computer experience, or younger people who know the software but have no clue about running large printing machinery.

Couldn't find anyone that fit the bill really, so I picked the person who seemed most intelligent that I could train. That's worked out pretty well.
    Real talk: I fit the bill perfectly for what you were looking for. Too bad my allergies don't allow me to work in print shops anymore.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

You make a lot more at your current job though! I knew a lot of people who could do the work, but not willing to work for the $11 an hour or whatever the starting salary was.

Btw, speaking of allergies, we got some new machines a month and a half ago which uses a different kind of toner delivery system that prevents excess toner dusting. My hand allergies have almost completely vanished now!

9. Press F to pay respects

Will this have a meaningful impact? Or will someone else fill his shoes? More importantly, who in Syria can we support to form a tolerant, capitalist government?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Our support would probably sour it.

How would you deal with Russia supporting a candidate that ended hostilities with russia?