Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1525272829

Thread: Robert Rodriguez to direct Sin City

I haven't seen it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Thoughts on the Sin City recut that takes it story by story?
    I really need to watch that, might change my hatred of it.

I just re-read my posts in here to see if my 10 yr old opinion held up. The best part is it took months to ban 'Aces & Eights' despite having the same exact views as 'Doc Holliday' from six months earlier. LOL
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I really need to watch that, might change my hatred of it.
    I think it works really well.

4. These: LOL

I'm glad to see he's doing the Yellow Bastard storyline that was my favorite one. Only thing is, I hope it's at least two hours long. Otherwise I'm not sure how they plan on squeezing it all in...
    I started with TYB, and it's still my favorite. But I'd go in order: Start with Sin City.

The paperbacks should be easy enough to find at your local comic shop, but I had a hard time going back & getting the hardbacks this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces & Eights View Post
    TYB was my favorite book.

I thought Willis made a good Hartigan and though I expeced Roark to be fatter, I still liked Booth.

also: fuck it's been 10 years since I started making movies

Well, I took a week off work to go to Austin and try to muscle my way into getting a job on the crew, but by March everyone was already hired. Plus there’s the countless hours wasted surfing the net looking for info on it.

After a month or so, I got over it, cashed out half of my retirement $, and bought equipment (Sony PD150, Premiere, Audiotechniqua Mic, upgraded my machine, and some other random shit minus a steadycam) to start making my own movies. I hadn't been formally trained, but have taken some random classes (and there's a lot to be said of what you can get from books). Fast forward to now... I have two more days of shooting I need to work in and the rest is editing. My first gig won't be as great as I initially thought it would, but I think it will make a good effort. My biggest mistake is that I didn’t properly storyboard, so I’ve had to go back and re-shoot. I’ve also got my cousin working on a script for the second project (hopefully I’ll have this wrapped and we can get to shooting it by November). My goal is to have something festival worthy by SXSW next spring.

…er, I don’t know if you needed all that… but hey, I’m no longer obsessed with Sin City!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

also: fuck it's been 10 years since I started making movies
    It's almost the 10 year anniversary of the cvc album. How about that bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    If a girl won't blow you over Rock and Roll High School she's not worth your time.
    I want you all to remember this.
    Last edited by Josh; 06 Mar 2014 at 08:47 PM.

6. I like JGL, I will watch it on small screen.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Thoughts on the Sin City recut that takes it story by story?
    Liked it when it first came out. Been a long time since I thought much about either cut though.