Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closed threads that... should not be closed?

1. Closed threads that... should not be closed?

Any reason why old threads like these...

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...giepop+phantom
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...giepop+phantom

... Are closed? There seems to be no reason for this.

2. The forum software auto-locks threads after awhile. I opened those two for you.

3. The forum didn't auto-lock them though, I did. Doc Holliday apparently loves to bump 2002 goodies.

edit: incase you're wondering, I locked everything where the last post was prior to 1/1/04. That still leaves ten months' worth of quality threads.

4. I thought you were the forum software. Er, you're a real dude?!

5. This is an automated message. Please stay on the line and a real live person will become available to take your call soon.

<cue up "George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You" hold music>

6. Thanks for the info and the help guys!

7. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    The forum didn't auto-lock them though, I did. Doc Holliday apparently loves to bump 2002 goodies.

edit: incase you're wondering, I locked everything where the last post was prior to 1/1/04. That still leaves ten months' worth of quality threads.
    How come?

8. Because threads from 2002 have run their course and should be left in the bowels of TNL. They're 2 years old. There's no reason they should be active. Nobody is going to bite anybody's head off for starting a new thread with the same subject and/or content as an older one, unless it's just out of spite.

Addendum:

Just because they're closed, doesn't mean they're gone forever -- they're still available to be read. Just not to post in. If you need/want to reference a post or thread, vbulletin has builtin [thread] and [post] tags where you can reference by threadid or postid as a link, respectively.

9. I know I got out of hand, dude, but punish me not the whole board.

Just look at how many of those dead posts have remained active with decent conversation not just flaming against Doc. (i.e. The Top 5 Movies Thread, The Remake Game Thread, etc.) I think it should still be an option to open up old threads as opposed to starting a new one. You just shouldn't dig up a dozen of them like I did.

*Especially without relevance.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 02 Sep 2004 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Explanation
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. The threads are closed, that's the end of it.