Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10121314

Thread: Public Debt

1. That's the thing...they've already spent more than $3 on trying to get $3 out of me. Seems like they made a pretty bad investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    My insurance company once mailed me a check for $1.XX.
    I was like, why not just credit my next payment?
    I got a check for thirty-two cents from USAA when I closed an account. Weirdos.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    That's the thing...they've already spent more than $3 on trying to get $3 out of me. Seems like they made a pretty bad investment.
    It's cheaper than trying to change the system. You are just part of the system inefficiency.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

4. I think they just get a block of thousands of delinquencies and send out automated form letters to every person on the list, with a response rate of X% making them money. It would cost them more to cull the list, in other words.

5. I call bullshit! I work with databases. It would be as simple as adding a variable of >$X.xx. That number being the value it costs to process collection. You'd be surprised, but it may be less than $3.00.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I think they just get a block of thousands of delinquencies and send out automated form letters to every person on the list, with a response rate of X% making them money. It would cost them more to cull the list, in other words.
    Exactly.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life