Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'We Screwed Up' Halo 2, says Bungie

1. If you watched the bonus disc that came with Halo 2, it's blatently obvious that they didn't have much direction or focus. I'm shocked at how they do things and that thier games turn out so well. Whatever works, I guess.

2. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC View Post
    If you watched the bonus disc that came with Halo 2, it's blatently obvious that they didn't have much direction or focus. I'm shocked at how they do things and that thier games turn out so well. Whatever works, I guess.
    What? I didn't get that from the bonus DVD at all.

3. This is Bungie's way of doing PR. We're just not used to it because we're used to videogame PR being old Japanese guys sucking each other off for how great their competitor's game was and how much it influenced them.

"If you think Halo 2 was great, wait 'til you play Halo 3, because Halo 2 fucking sucked!"

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

4. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    It'd have been nice if they were so forthcoming about how badly they fucked up Gulf War 2 back in 2004.
    IAWTP
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    The single player campaign was ass.
    Truth.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

6. Not really, it was good fun.

7. No online co-op (stupid tease!), jumping back and forth between MC and the Arbiter, bad pacing, and the worst final boss battle ever made it much less enjoyable for me than the first game. I didn't like using the Artbiter, and everything seemed so much more subdued this time around. There were no awesome moments, like at the beginning of the Silent Cartographer or tearing up the enemy in a tank from long range. It's like Bungie tried to squeeze two games into one.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    the worst final boss battle ever made
    Overstatement.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    the worst final boss battle ever
    This thread is about Halo 2, not the Gradius series. I can understand the confusion though.