Page 542 of 691 FirstFirst ... 528538540541542543544546556 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 6903

Thread: What Are You Listening to? Part 2

1. What Are You Listening to? Part 2

Oh shit, it's on 20 buck spin.

This whole thing sounds like 1994.
    Last edited by icarusfall; 14 Aug 2015 at 09:33 PM.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. I got their first album today. It's just as good.

3. Yack- "Be Cool" (from Fighters' Impact)

0:19 "We're not here right now, please leave a message at the beep.... *BEE-EEEEP!* Hello?" LOL.
    Nice lead guitar synth on this one, and the break at 2:00 is the bomb.

4. If Miley is punk now and giving away music on the VMAs, I don't know what's going on in the music industry.

I do like this song, though.

https://soundcloud.com/mileycyrus
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. This Halsey album Badlands is really fucking good.

You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Coheed has released two songs off this new record, and they're both great.

Last edited by Josh; 04 Sep 2015 at 03:30 PM.

7. Still trying to figure out if I like them. Here to Mars I might like more than You Got Spirit, Kid.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

What Are You Listening to? Part 2

Kid has the classic Silent Earth pop sensibilities. I love it. Fits right in with Blood Red Summer and that other song that I can't remember the name of. Mars sounds like a Taking Back Sunday B side sometimes, notably on the bridge. Sweet Burning Star reference too.

I'm looking forward to the record. I preordered the ridiculous box set and got my name in the book.
    Last edited by Josh; 04 Sep 2015 at 07:22 PM.

9. I would expect nothing less

Maybe the songs will grow on me. Looking forward to hearing the album.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    If Miley is punk now and giving away music on the VMAs, I don't know what's going on in the music industry.

I do like this song, though.

https://soundcloud.com/mileycyrus
    This is the first time I'm listening to this. It would be better with less Miley. Something about the way it was put together should be tightened up too. It feels like she just sang whatever she wanted at home in a home studio and someone else created backing tracks.

But that is how a lot of those big personality things turn out. Everything comes after the branding. Even the way the songs are constructed.

There is potential there. Show a little more restraint with the amount of singing, allow for open spaces with no singing, give the instruments a little more of the floor space, and you'd have good car driving music. I might even go as far to say it could be as good as the Gorillaz albums no one bought.

But she's not going to do that. So whatever.

But hey, maybe some day