Page 16 of 2307 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Life Is Good

1. You're in a developers dream IMO.

If only I was more motivated. Congrats on all the good work and success Torgo.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    You're in a DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS dream IMO.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    So, I was contacted by someone at SpikeTV Games today. They're doing a Halo 3 midnight special on the 24th, and the show will feature a fan creations segment...

For the unaware, I've wasted countless hours of my life making Halo-related paper crafts. halo.bungie.org is hosting most of the gallery; I've made 52 of them so far, and then a bunch of non-spartan Halo crafts on top of that. It started out as a thank-you card for a LAN host but I got a tad carried away with it.

So uh, the hbo guy was contacted by g4 and spike looking for stories, and I guess he threw my name out to a few people. It's only going to be a 'picture of me making Halo crafts and a brief mention' sort of thing, but I'm gonna be on TV for it.

I don't know whether to be excited or incredibly ashamed of myself for the sheer dorkiness of this. God damn.

Still, I think it's pretty cool. I guess this counts are Internet-famous?
    Thats pretty awesome! Enjoy your 15 minutes... see if you can turn it into 25 or 30.

And try to find a way to enjoy this without complaining about it and making all of us hate you.

4. Quote Originally Posted by torgo View Post
    Life's been seriously kicking ass lately. Living in downtown Seattle, mere walking distance from insane restaurants, arcades, bars, museums, and not to mention all the awesome stuff all along the water. I've been eating incredible sushi like a fiend and playing MvC2 and SF3 against really good comp, it's like a vacation. The commute sucks ass, but that will change when I get my permanent apartment.

Pulled into work this morning to see them putting up a huge 8' by 20' Halo 3 banner on my building. I'm downloading the SQL Server 2008 sourcecode onto my machine as I type this, so I can then work on it myself which is mind blowing. I work with amazingly smart people and have met lots of cool ones. The job so far is juuuuuust right, no complaints at all; And today at 11 we're heading to Safeco field for the company wide meeting which should be a blast.
    you work at MS right? yeah they treat their employees right. it's almost like they go out of their way to make them happy at times, which is a rare thing these days.

5. Nomi, how cold have not told me about the spartans before this? I want one

Also, I've spent the morning watching Yu Yu Hakusho and playing Blue Dragon and while I have to go to work today, I have an appointment with a customer buying twenty laptops, so todays going to be an ok day all around.

6. Just got back from my NYC trip. It was so awesome, so much fun. I can't wait to go back. Cosmic Collisions was unreal and the street falafels were delicious.

Start my new job on Tuesday. A little nervous but after it becomes more comfortable there, I should be in a great spot. 10-5 everyday which makes it easy to have something other than a job as a life.

I used to work 2-11pm shifts and then visit my girlfriend daily. I was always tired, but now I'm hoping this will make everything better.

7. Moved out of my ancient shithole of an apartment into a great new place in Brighton with 3 good roommates, got a new girl coming into my life out of nowhere, I officially graduate this month and have a number of decent moneymaking opportunities coming my way. This would be awesome enough, but next week I get to do the supportive brother thing and be an usher in my sister's wedding. She and I aren't anywhere near as close as we were when we were kids, but I'm proud of her and I'm excited to be a part of this. I know how most of TNL feels about marriage, but she's with a good guy and we're all really happy for her.

Life is pretty good right now.

8. Well, there's been a lot of chest beating around here, Josh with the biggest brain, Biff with the biggest wallet, jonas with the biggest penis. So now seems a good a time as any to post this.

As you all know for several years I have not trimmed my beard in a manner to be one with nature. Well, the next WBMC will be held in the USA and with the support of many friends, I entered the competition. The contest will not be for another year and half, but I got my entry papers earlier this week. I will be competing for Natural Full Beard with Styled Moustache.

This is the competition I face.

I hope I do well.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Jonas has a big penis? PICS 4ME2C PLS!

10. I need to see you, before I can offer advice on whether you could win.

I think if you can skip rope with your bread, you'll win.

(im black, dude)