Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excess Amount of Maganizes.. What to do with them?

1. Excess Amount of Maganizes.. What to do with them?

I'm sure we all receive a bunch of magazines every month free thanks to all the promotions or whatever we've signed up for. The thing is, I've kept them all of them. I have around 100+ saved throughout the years, some even paid for. So my question is, wtf should I do with them? Throwing them away would be a waste. What should I do?

2. Would you mind sending a stack or two of those magazines my way? I don't have that much money to afford getting a whole bunch of them shipped. However, I work at a high school and my kids have to do 35 minutes of silent reading every day and I allow them to bring everything from Novels to Magazines to class. So, if you have any extras, and they don't cost an insane amout to ship maybe you can send some my way so I can use them in the classroom....

EDIT - I do let my kids read videogame magazines in class, because many students are interested in that subject. If you happen to have any educational type of magazines (i.e. histroy mags, national geographic, etc) then be sure to let me know.

3. step 1 Gather all your magazines and compress them in to a hard composite.
    step 2 Cut the magazines into key shapes
    step 3 Let the sawdust enter your lymphoids to get teh cancer
    step 4 Use the keys to jack cars.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    Would you mind sending a stack or two of those magazines my way? I don't have that much money to afford getting a whole bunch of them shipped. However, I work at a high school and my kids have to do 35 minutes of silent reading every day and I allow them to bring everything from Novels to Magazines to class. So, if you have any extras, and they don't cost an insane amout to ship maybe you can send some my way so I can use them in the classroom....

EDIT - I do let my kids read videogame magazines in class, because many students are interested in that subject. If you happen to have any educational type of magazines (i.e. histroy mags, national geographic, etc) then be sure to let me know.
    I have Electronic Gaming Monthly, GamePro, Nintendo Power, PC Magazine, Computer Shopper, and Computer Gaming World. Most of them are real old, but if you're interested, I'll check shipping cost and get back to you.

5. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    I have Electronic Gaming Monthly, GamePro, Nintendo Power, PC Magazine, Computer Shopper, and Computer Gaming World. Most of them are real old, but if you're interested, I'll check shipping cost and get back to you.
    yeah, sounds great. The students love reading the video game magazines. So, be sure to let me know if you find out the shipping cost on those.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    step 1 Gather all your magazines and compress them in to a hard composite.
    step 2 Cut the magazines into key shapes
    step 3 Let the sawdust enter your lymphoids to get teh cancer
    step 4 Use the keys to jack cars.
    Doc, I like the way you think, you scraggly bearded wonderboy.

7. If you have any 16-bit era GamePros or EGMs, I'm interested.

8. You know what was a waste? The money you spent on all those pointless magazines. Throw them away and move on with your life. This is an easy decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    You know what was a waste? The money you spent on all those pointless magazines.
    Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    I'm sure we all receive a bunch of magazines every month free thanks to all the promotions or whatever we've signed up for.
    There are people who will take them off your hands at the cost of shipping. Don't just dump 'em.

10. You can also take em and dump em off on your local library. I'm sure they might be interested, and you'll probably get a tax write off.