Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a question about The Terminator series

1. I have a question about The Terminator series

Maybe I'm missing something really super obvious here, guys, but here it is:

How could the T-1000 and TX have traveled through Skynet's time displacement equipment?

Reese states in T1 that "nothing dead will go" through the device but the T-800 can because it's "surrounded by living tissue." This restriction was why he couldn't bring any 2029-era weapons with him.

But the T-1000 (and the TX) aren't cyborgs - they're liquid metal: pure technology. So how were they able to go through? Reese also alludes that the equipment was destroyed right after he went through, and that Skynet was basically finished, so unless they had some sort of secret lab somewhere, this is a pretty major plot hole.

A friend & I were reading about T4 (ugh) and this question came up.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. Bag of meat?

3. The T-1000 and TX could mimic living tissue sufficiently enough to allow travel through time, this is easy enough to explain. They didn't need to bring any weapons as they were weapons. The hard thing to explain is why Skynet wouldn't send the T-1000 and TX back in time to help the evil T-800 out where it would pwn noobs even more. They proved by the end of T3 that they could at least send 2 more.

This is where things get interesting. Skynet, after sending the T-800, developed a new energy source called T-BoxOfficeDollars which powers any temporal event. With the T-BOD, they created a new Terminator, the T-Shittywriters which in turn developed T-Plotholesgalore, a energy wave that makes every human nearby frustrated and confused, and makes them demand their money back.

Unknowingly, the T-Shittywriters thought it'd be a good idea to send a T-1000 years after the fact and a TX even more years after that, because the resulting ripple would create more T-BOD but even more T-PHG on top of that even though it would just make it more complicated for the mechs to accomplish their goal. Even though the T-1000 and TX failed, enough T-BOD was generated to develop the next mechanical terrors, T-Beatingadeadhorse and T-Enoughalreadystopruiningoneofmyfavoritemoviesmorethanyouassholesalreadyhave.

So I hope that clears that up. I also apologize if this post wasn't T-Funny at all.
    Last edited by Port; 26 Sep 2007 at 03:21 PM.

4. what he said.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Yeah, I've wondered about that too- technically, the T-1000 and T-X should NOT have been able to time travel, based on the assumptions that "nothing dead will go through" and "the field generated by a living being" and all that shit. I mean, the T-1000 is liquid metal- it can look like flesh, but there's no way it can actually replicate it for real. But, as we all know, movie science is not absolute- they can make it do whatever the fuck they want to suit the plot.

Portnoyd's explaination is probably about as good a one as you're going to get.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 26 Sep 2007 at 03:54 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something really super obvious here, guys, but here it is:

How could the T-1000 and TX have traveled through Skynet's time displacement equipment?

Reese states in T1 that "nothing dead will go" through the device but the T-800 can because it's "surrounded by living tissue." This restriction was why he couldn't bring any 2029-era weapons with him.

But the T-1000 (and the TX) aren't cyborgs - they're liquid metal: pure technology. So how were they able to go through? Reese also alludes that the equipment was destroyed right after he went through, and that Skynet was basically finished, so unless they had some sort of secret lab somewhere, this is a pretty major plot hole.

A friend & I were reading about T4 (ugh) and this question came up.
    a combination of time travel plot holes and poor writing

7. You conspiracy nuts are looking too hard. The only one that ever stated that "nothing dead will go" was Hicks, and we all know that beneth that soft spoken and level-headed leader, Hicks was a drunk and his stories couldn't be trusted.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Doc is right ... He was a drunk theory.
    Last edited by Advocate; 26 Sep 2007 at 05:13 PM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. Eh, I don't think the T-1000 and TX could really replicate living tissue.

I also wondered why the 2029 Resistance couldn't encase a few weapons in a tank-grown meat sac and send that back w/Reese. Or surgically implant some shit under his skin or something.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

10. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Hicks was a drunk and his stories couldn't be trusted.
    Let's not forget that Reese spent the entire movie running around in pissy/shitty old bum's pants. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    Or surgically implant some shit under his skin or something.
    How the fuck could you surgically implant something big enough to take a T-800 out?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 26 Sep 2007 at 05:29 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww