Thread: The Munsters

1. The Munsters

From here.

WAYANS GO HOME
    By Devin Faraci
    Contributing sources: Cinematical
    The Wayans Brothers are like the HPV of the movie world - they are with you for life, they come and go and tend to be more unsightly than dangerous.

Now that HPV is having a new outbreak, and it could be the ugliest one yet: Shawn Wayans tells moviepicturefilm.com that he and his siblings are working on a movie version of The Munsters. Yes, the family of monsters from 1313 Mockingbird Lane. But fear not, 'racially aware' middle class white people who get up in arms about changing the ethnicity of lame fictional characters - Blackenstein will not be heading this family.

"Something I want to clear up is that we're not going to be in it," Wayans told moviepicturefilm.com "We're just writing and producing it. We're going to get some white people and paint them green."

The Munsters will be 'contemporized', which certainly means Eddie will be listening to hip hop. Maybe they can get Insane Clown Posse to redo the theme song.

Honestly, how can anyone get outraged about this? I have bad movie fatigue these days; my only question is whether I should see the movie to write a funny review or save myself the effort.
    Yikes.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. We're monsters.... we're happy and we're singing and we're colored...

Gimme a HIGH FIVE!

4. Someone please kill all the Wayans. Aside from early In Living Color they've never been funny.

The Wayans Brothers are like the HPV of the movie world
    More like HIV.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Can this just be released straight to VHS? It's about as relevant.

6. I'm going to write to the Wayans. I'm going to tell them they should instead adapt a fake sitcom. "The Johnsons."

Prior to production, they will film six skits in late 50's retro style about this black family from Old Miss that moves into a white neighborhood in St Louis as part of integration policy. Hilarity ensues.

Then before ever getting to Variety or any other trades, they will create a 'fan site' devoted to the great old CBS show, youtube the six segments, and have a petition for guests to sign for CBS to release the DVD.

Then the Wayans announce they will be making a movie of the important sitcom that has recently re-gained popularity. They will also announce the new official website. www.johnsonsmovie.com.

However, the movie will be set in the aughts and feature a St Louis family of African Muslims originally from Paris moving to Oxford, Mississippi so the dad can work at the college. Hilarity do not ensues. In fact it's not even politically helpful.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 30 Nov 2007 at 11:04 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I... actually had that same idea about 6 months ago, completely unrelated to this.

That's really odd.

Wow.

8. Then join me Dog, we'll pitch it to the Wayans, Coens, Farrellys, Stone&Parker, Christopher Guest, until someboys jumps on board
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. I'm down for that. Let's go.

10. NBC, Bryan Fuller, and Bryan Singer have control of this these days, and it will be darker and edgier than the original, but still funny. The new title is Mockingbird Lane.

Here's the cast. I'm dead serious, no jokes.

Herman Munster (now a decaying zombie)

Lily

Grandpa

Marilyn

Eddie

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m54hieskKE1qc7jsy.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	66095   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mariana-klaveno-240.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	66096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eddie-izzard-01.jpeg 
Views:	230 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	66097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	120330charity-wakefield1.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	66098  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mason-cook.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	66099  
    Last edited by BerringerX; 08 Jun 2012 at 10:43 AM.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.