Page 691 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 677687689690691692693695705 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,910 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. I feel like this president is getting a whole lot of credit for being progressive for what amounts to a molecule in the bucket against the harm America has done to humanity as a whole (their humanitarian efforts might bring it up to a drop).

I feel like Bill Gates is getting a whole lot of credit for being progressive for what amounts to a molecule in the bucket against the harm white CEOs have done to humanity as a whole (their humanitarian efforts might bring it up to a drop).

Etc.

2. lol I get your point but neither of those are even close. We're talking about putting back progress hundreds of years. If you want to get really far reaching with your implications, maybe thousands.

My point was being decent isn't necessarily progressive. Do something as head of your organization to address the fact that the church is built off of ignorance and exploitation, and then take steps (even little ones) to change that.

Like this?

4. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    We're talking about putting back progress hundreds of years.
    And sending hyperbole to Mars, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    My point was being decent isn't necessarily progressive. Do something as head of your organization to address the fact that the church is built off of ignorance and exploitation, and then take steps (even little ones) to change that.
    I think he is to at least some extent. As I recall among the first things he did as pope was swap out the overdone sparkly throne chair and trimmed down the robes he wore. it feels to me like the major problems with the church these days lies more in the branded churches and specific people as opposed to a lot of what goes on in the Vatican.

Of course the Vatican itself is a symbol of opulence in many ways, but while I wouldn't expect him to tear it down for the sake of making a point I think calling out the church on the hypocritical things it does is at least a decent start. Maybe he won't overthrow self indulgent priests anytime soon, but he does do good things every day and those are the things that should be praised. Setting an example can go a long way.

6. It's true. I'm not sure why I even opened my mouth on the subject because I don't really want to accept the utility of the church at all, let alone the Pope as its figurehead. Like, it's way more weird that we even have a "pope", than that his reforms aren't as drastic as I'd like.

I don't have a pope, but there is a pope, and that pope seems like an ok dude.

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Yeah, it's telling that we’re all gushing because this pope actually lives humbly and actually feeds the poor, but it's a good start. It's not fair to hold the entire history of Catholicism against him. He deserves credit.
    But just a few days ago people were holding Ben Affleck's ancestry against him.

9. Jerks were, maybe.

10. The Pope does not share DNA with previous popes. New Pope is also the first non-Europe pope. And there is a difference between blaming one for their relatives and one making an issue out of it by hiding their relatives.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt