Page 475 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 461471473474475476477479489 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    The problem is if we say or do anything Russia just says "Iraq" and drops the mic. And they're right...
    Oh, yeah, definitely. It's just interesting to compare the level of pretense and guile that goes into our imperial ambition to what Russia is trying to pass off with their obvious plants in Ukraine. It's clear they're a little out of practice at propaganda/dissent generation. It's a reminder that there's one thing America is still great at manufacturing: public opinion.

USA! USA! USA!
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 13 Apr 2014 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Well, Putin still looks really bad. It's just that, when people said that Iraq stripped us of moral authority on the world stage, this is exactly what they were talking about. We can confront Putin on this but we just look like hypocritical fools, and Putin isn't afraid to call us just that that.
    Does anyone actually care? We did that to a shit hole in not whitepeopleton. Russia is trying to do this in Europe.

I'm not saying it is ok. But historically the world powers have a blank check on brown people but shit gets real when it's in white people town.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 13 Apr 2014 at 10:07 AM.

There are many less idiotic differences between Iraq and Ukraine than the color of the people's skin.

4. Exceptionalism has a heck of a lot to do with both, though.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yes, it's Iraq and not the fact that we have a President and Secretary of State with zero credibility. How's that deal they let Putin cut to destroy chemical weapons working out?
    That's bad, but it's nowhere near on the level of say, invading and occupying a country for a decade for no real reason at all.

6. Oh there was a reason. It made Halliburton a shitload of money.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. And Yes, President Obama has so much less credibility than say, Bush who wanted to use the American might to oust Saddam for personal reasons and for Cheney to make his boys a little something something on the side, then claim some half brained excuse for invasion. Obama's a pile of shit, but he in no way pulled off an international fiasco for personal gain the way Bush/Cheney did.

On a Domestic Level, maybe, who knows how much the insurance companies will get off Obamacare, but that has jack shit to do with Russia or the UN.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    And Yes, President Obama has so much less credibility than say, Bush who wanted to use the American might to oust Saddam for personal reasons and for Cheney to make his boys a little something something on the side, then claim some half brained excuse for invasion. Obama's a pile of shit, but he in no way pulled off an international fiasco for personal gain the way Bush/Cheney did.
    He couldn't if he wanted to. Remember the support he got for going to Lybia? The fact that we went to Iraq with allied support is proof that Bush had far more credibility than Obama.

9. "Allied support?" England, Australia, and three guys from Hungary?

10. Obama didn't let Jets fly into buildings to let it happen, either.