Page 797 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 783793795796797798799801811 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,970 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    As a hunter I have sympathy. But I don't sympathize with people who kill what they don't eat or isn't actively threatening them.

2. I have a pellet gun I use for dealing with critters around our property. Nighttime song bird outside our window had to go after 3 months. I didn't eat it.
    Boo, Hiss.

well yes, if the lion was outside his house every night singing, maybe

but other than that, he has to eat it

4. What if the lion wasn't singing per se, but was rutting and mounting his car every night scratching and denting the paint?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

iffy,

case by case, at least

6. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I have a pellet gun I use for dealing with critters around our property. Nighttime song bird outside our window had to go after 3 months. I didn't eat it.
    There was still a purpose to it. You don't have to eat an animal when you kill it. Some may cry foul at your actions but another thing was invading your space and disturbing your life in some way and you dealt with it. That was like the bat I killed the other day. No fucking way am I going to be cool with a goddamn bat hanging out in my son's room. All the online guides had all these steps laid out in how to capture a bat and release it without harming it. Fuck that; this is my house and my space and I plan to keep unwanted guests out.

The only reason I didn't try to safely release the bat was because I had to have it tested and mostly because I was a pussy and was terrified of the fact there was a bat in my house

Should have aye it and taken its power

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    aye

9. Apparently this isn't the first run-in with the law the dentist had.

The American dentist who killed a well-known lion in Zimbabwe also has a felony record over the hunting of black bear in Wisconsin, court documents show.

Court documents emerged showing Palmer was fined $3,000 and given a year's probation after pleading guilty over the illegal killing of a black bear in Wisconsin in 2006.

Palmer had a permit to hunt bears within a certain area near Phillips, in the north of the state. But on September 1, 2006, he was part of a group of people who killed a black bear 40 miles outside this permitted zone, according to the court documents from April 2008.

Realizing what they had done, the group agreed that "if any authorities were to ask where the bear had been killed, they would say" it was hunted within the correct area, the documents added.

They transported the carcass to a registration station where they certified the animal had been killed legally, the documents said, adding that the body was later taken to Minnesota, where Palmer lives.

Palmer was charged with knowingly making false statement to an agent of the Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, having "falsely stated that he thought the bear had been killed legally" during interviews with officials the next month.

According The Associated Press, citing the Minnesota Board of Dentistry, the dentist was also the subject of a sexual harassment complaint settled in 2006. He admitting no wrongdoing and agreed to pay a former receptionist more than $127,000, the AP said.

He was also convicted in Minnesota court in 2003 for fishing without a licence.
    Front door of his office:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dolemite; 29 Jul 2015 at 10:02 AM.

10. I wonder how many of those stuffed animal droppers slopped down Whoppers on their way back home.