Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Juno

1. Juno

Oye Amigos! Pepe aquí! Long time no noche, eh? Well, over Christmas, Pepe went to the show. What did he see? Juno yo!

"Did you hear Juno MacGuff's pregnant?"

"Yeah."

"Did you hear you're the father?"

Hey, I see onelocust, he gave a pretty good review but no review? More people should be using this and more people should be talking about this movie, you know. I saw it twice over the holidays. And I probably should have seen one of the many movies I've missed over the past couple months instead of seeing this one a second time. But I saw it once and immediately… I wanted to watch it again! It’s that persuasive!! It’s not super funny like Superbad, but it’s like… more heart warming. You can’t compare it to Knocked Up either because that movie is more about the relationship. This movie is about the relationship too, underneath, but on the surface... it’s all about Juno.

My first impression at the beginning was bad, the titles and music are very Napoleon Dynamite/Wes Anderson-esque, i.e. not original. Come on man, let those guys do that shitty-notebook-artwork crap and go try something else! …but as the movie winds along, you become less aware about the style and more conscious of the characters; you fall in love with Juno and really care about what happens to her and her little baby.

The movie has several shots, several moments that are silent and touching. For a chatty girl and movie, these dialogue-less bits are moving and make you think about something more than that greasy oil on the popcorn. Also, the movie feels very real. There are several turns the move could have taken, the Hollywood drama turns, affairs, molestations, surprise deaths, but didn’t. Instead it took the path often seen in real life, and took it’s characters with it.

I would recommend this movie.

- Pepe

Style – Shot very naturally which lends itself a great deal to the movies realism, if you're into that shit. However, the indie music and scrapbook artwork’s been done. - B-
    Substance – Very realistic, deep movie about relationships, babies and fingernails. also: funny. - A+
    Originality – Again the whole natural thing seems fresh and refreshing, like a before-school Slurpee. - A+
    Overall – More feel good than funny. Pepe recommend this movie to anyone who is having sex or has family. - A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	juno_4.jpg 
Views:	1128 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	29730  
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 28 Dec 2007 at 12:15 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. HOLY SHIT TACOS POR PEPE. WELCOME BACK TACOS, CINEMANIA IS NOW A FIESTA!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. LOL TACOS!

I've heard great things about this movie and i'm trying to convince my friends to go see it.

4. Of course you did. Tacos told you these things!

Go see this movie and don't be a joto! Then you come back an we talk about it.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. I absolutely loved this movie. At first the whole teenage slang talk came too full force but mellowed out. The universal humor of Junos whole family kept funny throughout.

jennifer garner came off a BIT more creepy in some scenes then i feel they had intended her to. I liked her husband more throughout the whole movie until this whole divorce revelation. Although the ending felt right, i dont know that i liked her character enough to totally enjoy its ending.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. I know right? Man, that's what's so great about this story! They play the perspective from Juno, who’s young and full of hope, so the wife comes across as the controlling bitch and the husband is the fun one who likes all the cool music, and movies and has all the cool toys, and cool, if sell-out, job. Then BAM! They slap you with the divorce part... and all of a sudden the guy you’re rooting for is the ass and now you don't know who to like? But in the end, all the wife wanted was a baby she couldn't have, and that was all that mattered.

Now, lest just hope all women don't use this as an excuse to justify being a controlling bitch.

7. or get preggerz and screw you over potentially, or give away your good and sell-able child
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

8. Why is the guy an ass just because he wants a divorce from a controlling bitch? Good for him! I was happy when that happened. The whole movie was set up to have you thinking "why the fuck would he be with her in the first place?"

9. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Why is the guy an ass just because he wants a divorce from a controlling bitch? Good for him! I was happy when that happened. The whole movie was set up to have you thinking "why the fuck would he be with her in the first place?"
    because he was an ass for leading her on to think he was ready, and willing, and just as involved with getting a child as she was, he wasnt even close. Add to that the hint of pedophilia when he revealed that to Juno

10. My gf thought he was hitting on her too, but I don't buy that. They definately had a bond, but I think that it was platonic for both, and based on the fact that she was the mother of what would be his baby. It is wierd to have a close relationship like that with someone that is not direct family, and not romantic, but as close as both of those. That's why I think people are implicitly making the romance connection. The dance came off as more of a father/daughter thing to me.

It's a good thing he realized he wasn't ready though, and did so before they took the child. Although now Juno's kid is stuck with psycho mom .