Page 3 of 1426 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Thread 2008 MAKE SURE YOU VOTE

1. I don't think Rudy can do it. I honestly don't feel like he'll be able to hang on the national level.

Same way Hillary is box office poison.

“None of this worries me - Sept. 11, there were times I was worried,” Giuliani said.
    Fuck you, Rudy.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 04 Jan 2008 at 05:30 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    Rudy...the only candidates that can win a general election. ...If it's Rudy vs. Obama then Rudy wins. If it's Hillary vs. anyone besides Rudy then Hillary wins. Rudy vs. Hillary will be close.
    Spo, please. Rudy's a knickerbocker who completely snubbed Iowa. The Yankee part alone makes the Republican luvin' south cringe subconsciously inside, but if only a little less than Hillary. Now, he's got every Heartland corn-eater wondering why he didn't pay attention to them instead of kicking it in sunny South New York... er, Florida.

Face it. The Guido's dead.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 04 Jan 2008 at 05:49 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Huckabee won Iowa on the grounds that he's a Baptist minister. Rudy's base isn't "heartland corn-eaters", it's moderates and independents on the coasts. The people that loathe Rudy loathe Republicans in general and would never vote for one; tons of moderates and independents that vote for Democrats loathe Hillary.

4. I've long had Obama as the dem nom (though the smart money would still be on Hilary) but I also think McCain will be the GOP nom, especially after what should be a strong victory in New Hampshire. I realize this looks like a longshot right now, but I see little chance that our next President will be someone other than McCain. I also would not at all be surprised to see an eventual McCain - Giulani superticket.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    Rudy and Hillary are still the only candidates that can win a general election. Obama, Edwards, Huckabee, Romney, they're all jokes. McCain is awesome but he's not sleazy enough to win a presidential election. If it's Rudy vs. Obama then Rudy wins. If it's Hillary vs. anyone besides Rudy then Hillary wins. Rudy vs. Hillary will be close.
    Except a November poll shows Hillary would lose to every Republican, and Obama or Edwards would beat every Republican.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. LOL @ Hillary

7. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen View Post
    Don't fool yourself, a religious zealot can win the election if the conditions are right.
    Right, if you put him against a Frankenstein looking idiot with the charisma of a potato like Kerry, or another suitably bad candidate, but what I'm saying is that the people that are going to vote Republican no matter what will vote for Huckabee, and some of the conservative-leaning independents, but he has no really appeal outside of that, so he's not going to win against a strong candidate.

Not that we have an amazingly strong candidate on the Dems side. It's anyone's game, but I still don't think Huckabee is as electable as McCain or even Giuliani.

8. Obama is just as strong as anybody you have run in 20 years, and I include Clinton.

If by strong you mean not having done anything to piss anyone off, I agree. If by strong you mean having done anything at all, I completely disagree.

10. But Obama is about change. Real change. Change you can believe in. Change that changes American lives in hopeful and inspiring ways. Did I mention change? Hope too.