Page 349 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 335345347348349350351353363 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

The thing is, there is a fairly sizable number of Americans that hate Hillery. I'd dare say the entire right hates her. And some of the left.

Bernie on the other hand, I can't think of anyone that hates him. He has the potential to get a lot of votes from the center.

I will never vote for Hillery. Ever. I think the other side would have to be like, zombie Hitler or brain eating aliens. I will vote for Trump over her or just not vote. Maybe a write in. But I will never vote for her. I will easily vote for Bernie if Trump is on the right. Easily.

I'd like to think the powers that be know this. If they want another democrat in the white house, don't run Hillery.

2. Hate's a good motivator, gets the blood pumping. I'd take hate over 'who?' any day if I'm picking a horse in this race. Enough people hate Obama and he got in twice. I sure the fuck hated George W.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. That is what Trump has going for him, too.

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. OMFG
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Election Thread 2012

I really don't know how the next few months will unfold. I feel the Bern but it's really tough to see him going all the way, even if he wins Iowa and New Hampshire there's a shitload of states with very moderate, centrist Democrats. I don't see Bernie picking up a lot of delegates in the South unless he just destroys in the earlier primaries.

BLM are morons. Fucking idiots. Bernie's stated policies would help disadvantaged blacks more than any candidate. They should be out stumping for him.

As for the GOP, fuck if I know. I didn't watch the debate but the media was all over this "Trump got destroyed" thing. Every other time I wrote it off but this time I bought it. Yet of course his numbers improve after. It's just funny to see this disconnect. Both debates seem to have been set up to fuck him up and he just came out ahead each time. I'm starting t think the only thing that can stop Trump is Trump, like he realizes that President is a shitty fucking job and decides to drop out.

6. Republicans are starting to realize Trump has no details to his promises. Republicans are typically morons. These are the guys who put in Bush.

7. I don't think they need any details. Jeb's tax cut plan is a load of bullshit. His 4% growth stuff is nonsense. Of course the fact that he thinks four percent growth is what primary voters care about means he's already lost.

8. America's priority should be decreasing risk aversion, if we want to get over post-empire blues. We need to welcome in a health number of immigrants and focus on r&d while regulating banking speculation.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Hate's a good motivator, gets the blood pumping. I'd take hate over 'who?' any day if I'm picking a horse in this race. Enough people hate Obama and he got in twice. I sure the fuck hated George W.
    I'm not even sure what point you're straddling.

The entire right did not hate obama. There are plenty of moral conservative minority members that voted for Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    America's priority should be decreasing risk aversion, if we want to get over post-empire blues. We need to welcome in a health number of immigrants and focus on r&d while regulating banking speculation.
    Lord, Dif pokes at people who make empty unfounded political statements and you follow up with an empty unfounded political statement.

The US doesn't need to welcome in a large number of immigrants, unless you mean the best of the best from around the world. The only way a large unskilled immigrant work force is good for the US, is unethical. What you're talking about is underpaid, under represented, under supported slave labor that picks oranges and milks cows so we can all save 45 cents on our purchases. We do not need that kind of economic boost. We need to grow up and start treating everyone in our boarders like Americans and like adults. If we can't muster that, keep them out.

And even then, we should probably still keep them out because they will increase competition in middle America and drive down wages as we reach a labor surplus.

Yes. Banks need to be reigned in. Speculation needs to be reigned in.

R&D is always good, but I don't know if it is a silver bullet. At the end of the day, someone has to be buying. Unless we invent another paradigm shift like computers or similar, we're not going to float the SS US. We need something the entire world wants to buy. Adding dipping hangers to the fry box at Burger King won't cut it.