Page 1001 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 98799799910001001100210031005 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,010 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    This from the same people who shat blood over a Starbucks cup one year ago.
    President Elect For One Day, and Trump is changing America already!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I blame the "Spectator Sports of Politics." Where you will shit on the fans and team of the teams that aren't your team, and also defend your team and fans when they do the same or worse than the things you were just complaining about.

Will we live long enough for the US population to realize that Politics is not a sport? That our country is not run like Robojox and the winning team gets to run the show and get prizes, womenz, gold, whatever?

Because it really isn't a sport. We all suffer and succeed based on what the people in office do. We do not get a cash prize when the people we voted for are elected.

3. Maybe? We just voted in a non-politician as POTUS.
    Maybe not? We just voted in a non-politician aligned to one of the two parties™ as POTUS.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Maybe? We just voted in a non-politician as POTUS.
    Maybe not? We just voted in a non-politician aligned to one of the two parties™ as POTUS.

The majority of the right that was happy to vote for him sees him as a super conservative. He is on their "team"

Much like sports teams, they don't give a shit what state or country he is from. He's on their fucking team.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    To be fair they shit blood about the Starbucks cup every year.

I don't know. Neither side has a monopoly of stupid. I just find myself raising an eyebrow because a huge chunk of liberal outrage in the run-up to this was that Trump "wouldn't accept the election results."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post

I don't know. Neither side has a monopoly of stupid. I just find myself raising an eyebrow because a huge chunk of liberal outrage in the run-up to this was that Trump "wouldn't accept the election results."
    I really don't know if many of those cats are really liberals
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post

Are the protesters not accepting election results, though? Is their goal some kind of investigation into or overturn of the election? I don't think it is.

I read the protests more as a reassurance to the rest of the world of the number of Americans who oppose Trump and his policies.

8. Something that the voting results conveys quite adequately.

9. There were protests up here yesterday as well. People are just trying to voice and make it known the racist rhetoric in the campaign trail towards handicap, Mexicans, Muslims, women and trans are still not condoned ideas. I think we're putting trans people in our Human Rights charter to protect them judicially from prejudice.

Too bad riots happened in some of these things though.

There is a small radical right movement in Canada. So there is some resentment the country picked Trudeau so thoroughly. Peaceful protests are good to bring these ideas to light.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 14 Nov 2016 at 12:32 AM.

10. FWIW, Trump started talking about some of this stuff on 60 Minutes:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/13/politi...ew0809PMVODtop
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.