Page 410 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 396406408409410411412414424 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Isn't France half Muslim and half Islamophobic?

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Germany seems to have figured something out. Also, why do libertarians trot this out as if no capitalist state has failed?

Now this is silly Ayn Rand talk. You're being a silly. What cultural currency have France and Germany run out of?
    Germany (and other Euro nations) are dealing with immigration/cultural crises that the average American cannot even fathom. You know that's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. Okay, but you've made a hell of a leap to go from
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Isn't his solution to just to limit campaign contributions like most other progressive nations do?
    to

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Germany (and other Euro nations) are dealing with immigration/cultural crises that the average American cannot even fathom.
    What does this have to do with campaign finance reform?

4. Election Thread 2016

Drew and Andrew are two dudes..

I know it's hard to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Yes, Drew said "we should limit campaign financing like these countries" and Andrew's response to Drew was "but those countries have immigration and 'cultural' problems" as if there were a correlation there.

6. Ok just making sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Germany seems to have figured something out.
    Germany is highly skilled, has 1/4 the population of the US, and depends on exporting.

It would be wonderful if we could do the same, but what would we do with all the stupid people and who would we export to? And is there even enough world demand for another germany, or would the demand be cut in half, essentially, and both countries suffer?

8. What he said.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Drew and Andrew are two dudes..

I know it's hard to tell.
    Fun fact: When I first joined TNL my username was actually Andrew before switching it.

And generally speaking the countries I mentioned are not necessarily as rich as the US either so I'm sure you crazy yanks could do great work of it. I'm a capitalist person but healthcare is absolutely something I wish everyone to have.

Everyone seems so fanatical about politics down there I was wondering why. Politics is supposed to be boring CSpan style agenda setting and process creating. For some reason it's turned in to a spectator combat sport.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 07 Feb 2016 at 03:30 PM.

10. Last night, Rubio made me feel dumb for supporting him.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1293...-establishment
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt