Page 680 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 666676678679680681682684694 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. It's not backwards at all. It's no different to a Texan voting to not secede from the Union so they can look for jobs in any state outside of Texas without a special visa.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

2. I still don't know how I feel about it. I do like all the talk on NPR this morning about populism and politicians needing to listen closer to their voters.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 24 Jun 2016 at 11:57 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    It's not backwards at all. It's no different to a Texan voting to not secede from the Union so they can look for jobs in any state outside of Texas without a special visa.
    Other than the fact that you're comparing a state to a sovereign nation you mean.

4. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    It's not backwards at all. It's no different to a Texan voting to not secede from the Union so they can look for jobs in any state outside of Texas without a special visa.
    It is different though, because the United States is not the EU. Texas has a much closer bond to New York or California than the UK has to Bulgaria. That's what I said earlier - the EU may have TRIED to turn Europe into the US with nice churches but it clearly did not work, and it has just exacerbated all sorts of tensions. Sure, dealing with a Brussels bureaucracy is better than the way Europe used to deal with these tensions, but still.

5. It's all much ado about nothing anyway, when the Caliphate sacks Berlin, the EU will be as meaningful as no touching rules in a strip club.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Texas was a sovereign republic once before it joined a "Union", no?

But yeah, Diff has a point that the difference between North Dakota and Florida is much less than Bulgaria and England.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    Texas was a sovereign republic once before it joined a "Union", no?

But yeah, Diff has a point that the difference between North Dakota and Florida is much less than Bulgaria and England.
    It was, for a little bit. I'm not up on my Texas history but I do think the endgame of the early Texans was to join the union. As opposed to England, which was its own country for over a thousand years in various form.

8. It was 50/50 like most politics. Just like 50% of Texans did not want slaves or to leave the union (the western cattle folk if you will). The big point is Texas was about 1/20th it's value back then - a scattering of ranchers and cotton whores with little industry. Today, it is a powerhouse of industry, but still run by whores who traded their easy slave money for easy oil money.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 24 Jun 2016 at 12:10 PM.

9. RE Brexit

Laurie Penny is a good read: http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...y-country-back
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I'm sorry I clicked.