Page 614 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 600610612613614615616618628 ... LastLast
Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

1. Things are still better here for people who aren't white. The State Dept holds a lottery for a green card and they get way more entries than spots. There's a reason why people come here from all over.

I was talking to my cab driver yesterday, not to get all Tom Friedman. He is from Bangladesh. He's kind of having a rough time of it lately, but at no point did he say he was planning to back to Bangladesh.

2. I'd argue the system falls apart as well if you aren't willing to work squarely within the established framework, which I assume Opaque does. Still a good place, you can take your shot and then revise your goals if it doesn't work out, but there's plenty of ways to live in the US that would paint a different picture.

Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    I'd argue the system falls apart as well if you aren't willing to work squarely within the established framework, which I assume Opaque does.
    Long live the patriarchy!

If everyone worked squarely within the established framework you shitheads wouldn't have any books to read, or music to listen to.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You're a white dude, dude. Things are different for us.
    I'll sit here and wait for you to prove that, while I wait on Santa Claus and Space Grandpa.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    If everyone worked squarely within the established framework you shitheads wouldn't have any books to read, or music to listen to.
    These days those are just forms of entrepreneurship, thanks to the reduced importance of labels and publishers.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Anyone violently protesting the Democratic process is a moron. End of discussion.
    Well, if you say so. I guess I'm not allowed to voice dissent.

I'd love to leave. It's not nearly as easy as just packing your stuff.
    Boo, Hiss.

I'd argue that people taking the non-traditional route are what brought about the reduced importance of labels and publishers, but I get where you're going.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    My family is here.

9. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Well, if you say so. I guess I'm not allowed to voice dissent.

Well non violently? You can't voice dissent without violence?

Also, make a list of countries you'd like to go to. Places genuinely better financially, politically and socially. Then I'll make a list of all the countries I think you would fucking never live in. We'll see which list is longer and we'll see how bad America really is and how awesome every other country is. Canada is pretty close to America, but their money sucks right now, still I could maybe see that one. Europe isn't exactly incredible right no to live in. I wouldn't touch South America, Africe or Asia unless I was fucking exiled. Even Australia has shit tons of issues if you ever read up on their current events, and their money is on fire when it comes to most imported media and software. Almost all the media, food and culture you're into is because you live in America and not fucking Brazil or Russia or India or some other fucking terrible place.

So where exactly is so awesome that it makes America, in totality, look like shit? I can't name a first world country I would rather live in that America.
    Last edited by Opaque; 02 May 2016 at 06:28 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Well non violently? You can't voice dissent without violence?

Also, make a list of countries you'd like to go to. Places genuinely better financially, politically and socially. Then I'll make a list of all the countries I think you would fucking never live in. We'll see which list is longer and we'll see how bad America really is and how awesome every other country is. Canada is pretty close to America, but their money sucks right now. Europe isn't exactly incredible right no to live in. I wouldn't touch South America, Africe or Asia unless I was fucking exiled. Even Australia has shit tons of issues if you ever read up on their current events, and their money is on fire. Almost all the media, food and culture you're into is because you live in America and not fucking Brazil or Russia or India or some other fucking terrible place.

So where exactly is so awesome that it makes America, in totality, look like shit? I can't name a first world country I would rather live in that America.
    Have you actually spent any amount of significant time living outside of the US though or are you just talking out of your ass here?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.