Page 726 of 1015 FirstFirst ... 712722724725726727728730740 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,260 of 10144

Thread: Election Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Most of this identity politics crap is a reaction to moral conservatives.
    You could argue for the chicken or the egg, but it's the only way to unite people who don't give a fuck about each other, e.g. minorities and LGBT communities. It's also why Democrats can't get anything done, even when they have a majority. They don't actually agree on anything except doing whatever they personally want and trying to pass the bill to someone else.

2. Less cynically, it's also the very nature of the left to disagree, because the left is the collective of all people who want change, and that's inherently a collection of different voices compared to the static state of conservatism that wants to stay the same or move backwards. Conservatives only bicker in degrees.

Call it cynicism if you want, but the making someone else pay for it is inseparable from the rest. If it weren't, they'd just go do it instead of trying to do it through government, which only adds the value that it can collect taxes.

You want bathrooms for every combination of mental disorder imaginable? I'm sure a contractor would be happy to build them. Just write him a check. Oh, you don't want it enough to pay for it? Fuck off.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I don't see evidence that voting 3rd party significantly alters the trajectories of the parties. Considering elections these days are basically GOTV efforts, not voting would IMO send a better message.
    Not voting is an unknown where a vote for another party or independent will at least show a value for opposing ideas?

I need to read more about FPTP. I'm just desperate to change the one dimension of politics 2 party politics enforce.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You want bathrooms for every combination of mental disorder imaginable? I'm sure a contractor would be happy to build them. Just write him a check. Oh, you don't want it enough to pay for it? Fuck off.
    You do realize that the democratic party is the ones arguing for "keep the status quo" on bathrooms, right? Their stance is "It's fine how it's always been, stop being a dick about it, dude."

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'd be impressed if he really feels that way.
    Why?

7. I wish the green party would change their name to the Progressive Party. At least that would sorta clue people in.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

8. Election Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    You do realize that the democratic party is the ones arguing for "keep the status quo" on bathrooms, right? Their stance is "It's fine how it's always been, stop being a dick about it, dude."
    I don't think this is correct. Charlotte passed a law that prompted the response from legislature.

This is a shitty wedge issue being pushed by the victim wing of the Democratic Party. Transgender people are at most .5% of the population and that is a stretch. They've turned it into some nonsense country wide debate. It's no different from the flag burning amendments the GOP kept pushing up until recently.

Also the DNC had this, because the "Family Bathroom" phrasing just wasn't inclusive enough or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DNC-bathroom.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	489.4 KB 
ID:	79202  

10. There's nothing wrong with a unisex bathroom.

I think the ridiculous response to this stuff more than warrants pushing it.