Page 1194 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 118011901192119311941195119611981208 ... LastLast
Results 11,931 to 11,940 of 12367

Thread: The Obama Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Isn't the bleat of abortion supporters, which I suspect overlap quite a bit with the "let someone else pay for it" crowd, that you can't legislate morality? Hell, add to that the whining about the government telling people what to do with their body. How is that different than telling them where the money said body earned has to go?
    I can't tell you anything about the abortion part versus legislating morality. As far as the question of how it's different, I guess I don't really consider using money to take care of the "lower class" or whatever to be a morality thing (maybe I should have said compulsion instead of obligation? hmm), whereas abortion deserves all of the discussion it gets and is certainly linked to morality. I can't choose a side on that topic, so it's always an inner battle before any kind of argument with others…

edit: Is that arbitrary 50-60K number per person or per household?
    SINGLE PERSON FORGOT FAMILIES. Son of a bitch. Uh, it was arbitrary. You knew what I meant, there's like calculations for households and stuff. *hangs head*

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It's part of the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It would be a fascinating study to ask people if they could earmark their tax dollars what would get funded and what wouldn't.
    I would absolutely love this. However, to completely go against my prior humanitarian diatribe, do you think Americans would take the time to look at the long list of things to fund and actually decide where their money goes? Do many of them even have that time available?

Nope, and the people who wouldn't have no business voting.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Nope, and the people who wouldn't have no business voting.
    I hate all of my conflicting opinions, as the first thought upon reading that was, "OMG I WISH WE COULD STOP THEM FROM VOTING."

But that's not cool. But lord it would be good if it wasn't abused.

EDIT: I would be all over it, btw. We just got a bunch of new funds available for our simple IRA and I spent my lunch break going over all of them.

Looks like Syria needs a good dose of freedom.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-laun...isis-in-syria/

5. That article read like it was written by a true believer.

6. War gives the entire media establishment diamond cutters. It's embarrassing. Shows we haven't learned anything from the past decade of nonsense.

7. Looks like Syria needs a good dose of musical.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Isn't the bleat of abortion supporters, which I suspect overlap quite a bit with the "let someone else pay for it" crowd, that you can't legislate morality? Hell, add to that the whining about the government telling people what to do with their body. How is that different than telling them where the money said body earned has to go?

Then there's the other side of this. There are plenty of people who never get a first chance that should be way ahead of those who did and fucked it up in the line to receive whatever compassion there is.

edit: Is that arbitrary 50-60K number per person or per household?
    Money intangibly belongs to society, because it's a construct used by society to evaluate worth in trade. A human body tangibly belongs to the individual—because a body is uniquely their own.

I never really understood the abortion debate by conservatives or any anti-freedom of choice stance. Freedom of rights unless proven otherwise no?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Money intangibly belongs to society, because it's a construct used by society to evaluate worth in trade. A human body tangibly belongs to the individual—because a body is uniquely their own.

I never really understood the abortion debate by conservatives or any anti-freedom of choice stance. Freedom of rights unless proven otherwise no?
    It's all about when the other person gets his or her own freedom, and pretty much everyone agrees that is before birth, since killing a pregnant woman is a double homicide in most places.