Page 286 of 374 FirstFirst ... 272282284285286287288290300 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3740

Thread: The Dead Thread

1. I read some CNN story about the guy today.

Sounds like some people never get over having a shitty childhood.

Yeah no shit!
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    It may not necessarily be mostly Chester's fault. But if not it, then it's certainly his parents' and our fault for not better empowering him to make the right decisions. Story of OJ. We're too quick to seek immediate rewards while differing the cost of responsibility. This includes having children, overspending, overreaching...
    You're still looking for rational thinking where there is none. Go back as far as you like, it doesn't necessarily have a bearing on the present.

It's like cancer - it can go into remission, but it's always there ready to rear it's head like a hydra.
    Last edited by icarusfall; 21 Jul 2017 at 02:27 AM.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Is rational thinking necessary for a dick move? Was the murder of Sharon Tate a dick move? Are lynch mobs a dick move? Was the Holocaust a dick move? Were the Nuremberg trials even necessary? Can anyone really be held accountable for thier actions?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 21 Jul 2017 at 02:31 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. I'm not doing this with you. Keep on if you like.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. What about the murder of Philando Castile? Mike Brown? Trayvon Martin? Were they dick moves? Did the sense of desperation and lack of rational thought negate responsibility in these scenarios and if not, how do they differ from Chester Bennington?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. The obvious answer is Chester killed himself rather than another, but all of these murders were the result of a sense of fear of the environment. A fear we can prevent by better handling one another in society.

7. I don't associate rational thought with dicks.

People are always saying that there's help out there for stuff like this, but the harsh reality of it is that it isn't effective much of the time.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I would argue that "that" kind of behavior makes it worse. It trivializes it by association. "everyone has a mental illness so why do you want to be treated differently??
    Trigger warnings are largely for the sake of those with PTSD, particularly military, and victims of abuse and sexual assault. They are also largely for the sake of real and misunderstood mental illness, and usually dismissed as being "for pussies" instead.

9. Triggers and warnings are legitimate and should be respected. The issue is when you live in a society which places such a high value on victims, these can be abused as everyone wants to be in the spotlight. I would blame the value we hold on fame being in combination with that, but at the end of the day, desiring fame is just desiring love. t. Charles Foster Kane

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    You're still looking for rational thinking where there is none. Go back as far as you like, it doesn't necessarily have a bearing on the present.

It's like cancer - it can go into remission, but it's always there ready to rear it's head like a hydra.
    I get it. A rational person will think "this person had kids, how could he do this horrible thing? Doesn't he love his kids?"

Of course he does. But none of that matters with deep depression. All you feel is dread, sadness. It gets to the point where you just don't want to be here anymore, the thought of being on this world a single more day seems a far worse outcome than the thought of leaving your kids fatherless. You may even think that they would be better off without you.