Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayn Rand's 'Superman' Was Based On A Sociopath

1. Ayn Rand's 'Superman' Was Based On A Sociopath

source

I forced my way through Atlas Shrugged a few years back waiting for the characters to become human beings, thinking that for sure they would change. They didn't. It's just a bunch of self-centered bullshit. That's on top of being poorly written and thought out.

I wonder how many people that tout this as their most influencial book (it's one of the best selling books of all time) would still feel justified in the moral superiority of their selfishness if they knew that the concepts were derived from a sociopath that dismembered a 12 year old girl.

2. not having read the book (but hey i played bioshock) - isn't that the whole point?

(also, what the fuck is "the exiled"? from here it looks like a liberal tampon.)

the only lesson to be learned here is that the bigger an asshole you are, the more chicks will love you. women LOOOVE serial killers.
    Last edited by burgundy; 02 Mar 2010 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

3. Atlas Shrugged and I didn't give a fuck.

4. "The first thing that impresses me about the case is the ferocious rage of a whole society against one man. No matter what the man did, there is always something loathsome in the 'virtuous' indignation and mass-hatred of the 'majority.'... It is repulsive to see all these beings with worse sins and crimes in their own lives, virtuously condemning a criminal..." - Ayn Rand

Worse sins huh? Yeah, I chop up little kids for ransom and mail the parts back to their parents every Tuesday.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 02 Mar 2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: correction! crime worse than I thought
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ayn-rand21-470x352.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	52940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	young-frankenstein.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	52941  
    Last edited by YellerDog; 02 Mar 2010 at 03:38 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    not having read the book (but hey i played bioshock) - isn't that the whole point?
    No, that's the point of Bioshock, which is the anti-Atlas Shrugged.

7. Someday I ought to read Atlus Shrugged, but every time I read anything about Ayn Rand it annoys the living hell out of me. It seems like she's got a lot of good ideas warped by her own personal brand of crazy.

James

8. I don't think they were good ideas at all. A spoiled, stunted Nietzche chewed up and spat out as bad fiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Atlas Shrugged and I didn't give a fuck.
    What does that even mean?

9. I started to read The Fountainhead once and got halfway down the first page before throwing it across the room and never picking it up again.
    Last edited by Mr-K; 02 Mar 2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: not?

10. I thought this was common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It seems like she's got a lot of good ideas warped by her own personal brand of crazy.
    lol wut