Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recommendations for site hosting/etc

1. recommendations for site hosting/etc

So.....I haven't done anything like this on my own (i.e., outside of a free hosting site) since I was way younger. I know a lot of you have personal sites, so I figured the best place to ask for recs would be good old TNL. I want to register a domain name (obviously) and was wondering - should I just go through a place like godaddy.com, or is there somewhere else that is more preferable? Secondly, I need hosting, and I am so confused as to who I should go with for this. I am planning a pretty small personal site, basically just a portfolio for my artwork - I don't need any checkout options or fancy smancy stuff at this time. I need something mildly put together that I can put on business cards/posters/stickers that is easy to remember, or I wouldn't even worry about paying for a site.
    Obviously, this is kind of remedial stuff that I could google - but I'd like input from people I actually know aren't ad bots .....or are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Kill yourself.

3. depends on what kind of website you want

if you want something pretty simple you could probably get dreamhost for $3/year or whatever the fuck their going rate is (but you get what you pay for)

as far as domains go, all registrars are pretty much the same so it doesn't matter too much there

4. Dyne - no u
    cka - yeah, it's a small personal site, nothing too crazy or complicated. I actually had no idea about dreamhost until i just looked at it, so thanks!

5. A webcam site you say? Do we get a discount?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	titsorgtfo.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	55093  

7. -____-

9. I've been using HostMonster for quite a long time now. Unlimited space, bandwidth, subdomains.. 5.95 /mo. Most features are there, cpanel back end, etc. I really can't complain, I haven't encountered any issues with them.