Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL 4.1: Significant Improvements, Major Downtime

1. It only happens with kevicals because 99.9% of his sales are ridiculous to begin with. I'm just as guilty as anyone for derailing his threads but the stuff was never going to sell and it's fun to screw with him. He doesn't really get TNL and almost all of his posts are just him trying to hock his overpriced goods.

I do agree with you on the rep issues though. I'm not sure it's been the best thing for TNL in the long run the way it is now.
    Last edited by Timber; 04 Jun 2010 at 02:21 PM.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. Rep has no bearing on anything. It's not like special privileges are given out to those with high rep.
    You sound like a jealous little girl. A jealous little democrat girl actually.

Also, you act like every sale thread gets attacked, when it's only a few threads by a few people who have both shit on this forum and its members in before shitdick multiple times.

3. Every one of us assholes who jump into threads for no reason other than to try to get a laugh have been doing it since day one. It's not like rep changed it or made it worse. It is as it always has been.

4. Will there be a rootin', tootin', cowboy theme?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. The forum must be restored before the TNL NYC 2010 gathering! Otherwise how will we all rush back to Mezz's place to upload pictures at the end of the day and talk shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

6. Actually, I would like to see a You Must Set A Price rule put into action. It's annoying having to guess at what someone will sell something for.
    Sellers: We here at TNL are ALL cheap. If you want eBay prices, sell on eBay. Think of the lowest possible price you will let something go at, add a few bucks, and there you go.

7. Changes sound great, actually.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Actually, I would like to see a You Must Set A Price rule put into action. It's annoying having to guess at what someone will sell something for.
    Sellers: We here at TNL are ALL cheap. If you want eBay prices, sell on eBay. Think of the lowest possible price you will let something go at, add a few bucks, and there you go.
    IAWTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

9. You should all know that the changes coming are by no means limited to what I've mentioned in this thread. There are more nice features included.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    The issue with the mods now is that everybody is starting to know everyone irl and actual moderation is almost non-existent here anymore.
    You're right to an extent. TNL has never needed much serious moderation (you probably disagree), but it does get way out of hand at times with small things. For instance, tags are abused as ways to skirt around forum rules (just look near the bottom of this very page) and there are too many race and gay jokes.

Tags in blogs and in the media section will not be used in the same way. Some of the current tags may be hilarious, but I think there is too much clowning and not enough substance ("rootin', tootin', cowboy theme" LAWL!). If you don't have enough substance, people get bored and either leave or post complete garbage to get a reaction.

TNL is 95% fine, in my opinion, but the remaining 5% annoys almost everybody. It's my job as administrator to give smart people something to do besides post "Your mom" and endless YouTube videos. And I think those issues will be addressed in a way that encourages both intelligent and entertaining content.

ACHIEVEMENTSSSSSSS!!!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery