Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: IGN's Top 25 Animated Movies of All Time

1. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    You're both being stubborn old mules. The animation looks really, really good and you really, really don't remember anything about it besides, "OMG AKIRA, EVERY NERD KNOWS ABOUT IT, I HATE IT!" You haven't seen it outside of 10 years ago when you watched it on that old VHS you recorded off of SciFi channel anyway.
    Sorry, I have it on BRD. My stance remains the same. I can throw around "OMG YOU'RE THE NERD THAT KNOWS ABOUT IT!" but I won't. You have your opinion and I have mine.

2. I think what gets me the most about it is that it's not some heavily computer-aided production, it's dudes with pencils and rulers and ridiculous drawing skill getting in there and animating every little bolt and reflective bit of shattering glass on an exploding building while multiple currents of wind are blowing smoke in three different directions. Or the brilliant goddamn motorcycle scenes! And that ridiculous dogfood commercial playing while the man and the kid are trying to get away from the german shepherds!

Akira's pretty rad! Don't confuse it with your feelings towards "Spawn"!
    Last edited by YellerDog; 26 Jun 2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: also when has Dyne ever been right? I mean really. he should start going by 'dragonmaster' again.

3. Like I said the effects stuff (the broke glass you mentioned, or the wind currents and shit like) are fucking amazingly well done. I definitely give you that.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Do it for me too!
    Donk

5. You people are faggots for thinking anything less than Akira being top 5 material. And no '73 Robin Hood or one Bluth...? NIMH!

Eat my asshole IGN.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

There is a 1080p version of Akira out there with the original dub. I hear some bay full of pirates has it, though I wouldn't know where to look for such a thing.

Akira rules. The animation is, in fact, pretty bad ass. AND motherfuckers are yelling at each other all over the place.

Some of you need to lighten up before your arteries harden.