23 65.71%
  • Ack

6 17.14%
  • Eh

6 17.14%
Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Cilantro

1. Yuck Cilantro

How do people eat this? Has to be the most foul tasting weed on earth. And it's in everything these days. Ya gotta be vigilant.

Fun fact: If you like cilantro your tastebuds are retarded.

You're an idiot.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. The shit tastes like soap. You know why? There's an oil in it that is used in making soap (or something like that).

Apparently, though, people's taste for cilantro is based on genetics and if a person is a super taster and that it's a pretty even split among the population. Julia Child is on my side:

Quote Originally Posted by NYT
    Larry King asked Julia Child which foods she hated. She responded: “Cilantro and arugula I don’t like at all. They’re both green herbs, they have kind of a dead taste to me.”

“So you would never order it?” Mr. King asked.

“Never,” she responded. “I would pick it out if I saw it and throw it on the floor.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dining/14curious.html

In conclusion. Gross.

4. I'm really don't like cilantro but I also think it is used wrongly in a lot of dishes. There are meals my girlfriend makes which use cilantro and are very good.

Cilantro is awesome. It is useful in multiple styles of cooking. Don't be a prissy pussy.

6. You're not a super taster, Compass, you're a super brat. Learn to tolerate different foods.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Cilantro is awesome. It is useful in multiple styles of cooking. Don't be a prissy pussy.
    This.

Salsa and Pico De Gallo both use Cilantro and both kick ass.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Thai food.

9. I am pretty sure if I were on a date with Compass, within an hour I would stab her in the fucking throat with a chef's knife.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Love that shit.