Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy 1st Day of Spring, You Pasty, Cynical Bastards!

1. Happy 1st Day of Spring, You Pasty, Cynical Bastards!

It's 75 degrees today in the Hartford, CT area, with baby blue skies, a slight breeze and practically no humidity. In other words, near perfect. I'm a delivery guy and I don't hate my job on days like today. The only bummer is that I can't take the bike out later, but other than that I really can't complain. The plan is to celebrate the passing of another (admittedly mild for CT) winter by zipping home at 5, stripping outta my work clothes, putting on some tunes, and then heading out to the porch to nurse a Hoegaarden or two. Maybe read a bit 'til the sun goes down.

Sorry if I'm gushing, but days like today don't suck and I'm looking forward to another season of hitting the linear trails with my inline skates. So bring it on, I'm SO ready for spring!
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

2. We had a high of 23C/74F up here. Tomorrow it's 26C/78F. Jesus! I love it!

3. Yeah, it's beautiful here. The only thing that sucks is that bars have to have a license for their patios, and most don't bother with it until April at the earliest.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Yeah, it's beautiful here. The only thing that sucks is that bars have to have a license for their patios, and most don't bother with it until April at the earliest.
    I didn't even consider that...

5. Still raining here in the SF Bay area. Northern Californians continue to drive as though they've never seen water fall from the sky.

6. I just biked over 4 miles around the bay in jeans and t-shirt, no jacket needed. They set up some new exercise equipment along the path so I hopped off and climbed on things simply because it felt so good to be outside and doing something. Spring is off to a great start.

James

7. Quote Originally Posted by Gondolin View Post
    It's 75 degrees today in the Hartford, CT area, with baby blue skies, a slight breeze and practically no humidity. In other words, near perfect. I'm a delivery guy and I don't hate my job on days like today. The only bummer is that I can't take the bike out later, but other than that I really can't complain. The plan is to celebrate the passing of another (admittedly mild for CT) winter by zipping home at 5, stripping outta my work clothes, putting on some tunes, and then heading out to the porch to nurse a Hoegaarden or two. Maybe read a bit 'til the sun goes down.

Sorry if I'm gushing, but days like today don't suck and I'm looking forward to another season of hitting the linear trails with my inline skates. So bring it on, I'm SO ready for spring!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. It's been spring all winter long.

It just hit 80 here... again.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    I didn't even consider that...
    It turns out that it only applies to sidewalk patios, because of snow removal or something.
    Permanent patios are open for business.